January 2016 Moms
Options

Super nervous

hi guys,

I have my anatomy scan today and am super nervous....to the point where I was crying my eyes out yesterday (hormones?!)

Please wish me luck and keep my little one in your thoughts and prayers.

Re: Super nervous

• Options
    My anatomy scan is today too! I'm sorry you're feeling that way. Don't let worrying and fear take away the preciousness of this moment for you. Try your best to focus on the good and exciting in all of this! There is so much to worry about during pregnancy, most of which is not in our control, but we can control where our minds are at! Hopefully you're able to enjoy the appointment and you see that everything is healthy :)
  • Options
    Thanks @hailees - I know you're right. I think anxiety and hormones have just been taking over the past few days. I'm really excited underneath it all.

I have your scan goes well! How far along are you? Are you finding out the sex?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're welcome! I understand how overwhelming the fear/emotion/hormone mix can be!

I am 19+2! Due Jan 4. We are going to find out the sex, but not until this Sunday or Monday when we do a small reveal with some immediate family. Hopefully the wait from Wednesday-Sunday won't be too bad!! What about you?
  • Options
    Aw I'm just one day ahead of you 19w+3d, due 3 Jan!

Yes, we're hoping to find out today as long as baby plays ball! Can't wait to know! I hope the time until your gender reveal celebration goes super quick! I don't think I could wait!! You're a strong woman! ;)
  • Options
    How long does the scan usually take? I have mine Aug 22nd. We are not finding out the gender!
  • Options
    My scanwas scheduled for last Friday, we checked in and were told Dr. Canceled it, rescheduled for September. So much rage and waiting! Good luck with your reveal!!
  • Options

How long does the scan usually take? I have mine Aug 22nd. We are not finding out the gender!

Mine took about 25-30 minutes.
  • Options
    Hi! I have never chimed in before but wanted to after reading this bc I had my scan last week and was SO nervous for it! I wouldn't look up baby items or start planning the nursery bc I didn't want to jinx anything before this big scan. When we got there, the screen goes live and the baby wasn't moving so I freaked out, but he was just sleeping, haha, and the woman administering the scan was so calming throughout the whole thing. You will LOVE it once you get started and could have stared at those images all day! Everything will be great today and it will soon be your most favorite day yet on this whole journey!! Good luck!
  • Options
    Im super nervous too. Given mine isnt for a few weeks but I just keeping thinking "what if something didnt develop properly or somethings wrong". Its so hard because we literally have noo idea! Of course everything will be ok but its such a worry! And my husband doesnt inderstand! Its a lot of pressure on us because were the ones growing it. Good luck today! Everything will be great!
  • Options
    Mine is today and I didn't sleep last night and cried while on my walk today. I just keep saying healthy baby, healthy baby. Here is to positive vibes for everyone and their little ones!
  • Options
    It's completely normal I guess we all feel the same