TTC after 35
Options

TWW post (week of 8/10 - 8/16)

Hi everyone!  This is a two week wait post for anyone who is in or soon will be in the TWW. Tell us your symptoms (no matter how crazy they may be!), how many DPO you are, and when/if you'll test. Good luck everyone!
*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 

Re: TWW post (week of 8/10 - 8/16)

• Options
    @thistle8677, Good luck with your marathon!! 

I am cd21, 6 dpo.  FF changed O date on me!  I've never had that happen!!  I guess it was because I had a higher temp, so it took that one.
    My temps this cycle have been crazy high for me, so I'm hopeful.  However, we did only get one successful BD in at O-2 which FF says 'GOOD'.   I will test on 8/16 - If I can wait that long!
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @happyktmom ooh fx for you! We like high temps!!!
    And oh how I love/hate ff...changing O dates and then rating our sex life... [-X
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @thistle8677 good for you.....and even better for your SO! Lol. My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

I'm on TWW but don't know which day. I am not opening FF until AF shows or 8/26 whichever comes first. I am getting tempted to open the app to see what day I o'd and when my TWW is over but I refuse. I am sticking to my guns on this. It's definitely less stressful not having to count the days until I test.

• Options
    Goldsgirl9Goldsgirl9 member
    edited August 2015
    Well so much for my last post.

My whole plan of waiting to POAS until the end of month and not being obsessed has been vetoed by my OB. I need to take an anti inflammatory for my knee (sprained tendon) and because I'm in my TWW I cannot take it without taking a pregnancy test first. Ugh.

Guess I'll be opening up FF today after all. :-w
  • Options
    I'm out
    ~X(
    spotting today on CD23.  For having PCOS, my cycles are usually much more cooperative than this!  GRRRRR
    **child mentioned**
    BFP 8/26/2016

• Options
    I'm sorry @happyktmom! :(
  • Options
    Thanks @emsmama15
    Even though, I knew it probably wasn't our month, the disappointment was still there. 
    I wish I could say I gulped down a bottle of wine last night, but I wasn't even feeling like doing that.  I start my cleanse next week and new healthy eating, so I'm looking forward to getting my body right first.  I should've started with that!
    **child mentioned**
    BFP 8/26/2016

• Options
    @happyktmom I'm sorry :(
    What kind of cleanse are you planning?
    I'm on day 3 of ketogenic. I decided I needed to up my game with managing my health with food. Good luck to you xo
  • Options
    @thistle8677, I am doing the 3 day refresh by Beachbody and then on to the Shakeology and 21 day fix.  I have 4 people doing it with me, so it should help!    How do you feel with yours?
    **child mentioned**
    BFP 8/26/2016

• Options
    @happyktmom - I totally understand!  I tried for 9 months before I started thinking about changing my diet.  
  • Options
    Today is the day AF should arrive. Sometimes I'm a couple of days long. Not here yet. I haven't POAS yet, mostly because deep down I know I'm going to feel disappointed. I'm starting to feel a little crampy like AF is about to start.
  • Options
    @jennOK keep us posted....have you been temping? Just wondering if you saw a temp drop or just feeling crampy?
  • Options
    Tested this morning because AF didn't show up overnight. Got a BFN. I'm sure I'll start today or tomorrow. I'm not temping right now. I'm thinking I should start to make sure I'm ovulating. It just seems so confusing. Lol. Are there any tutorials I can read? :-/ Now, it's waiting to see when we can try again.
  • Options
    Goldsgirl9Goldsgirl9 member
    edited August 2015
    Well looks like a got the worlds faintest BFP yesterday at 9dpo. It's almost not even there so I'm not really sure. Could be evap line but I've never seen one nor have I ever tested this early. OB did not want to risk me taking something that could affect the pregnancy so I have test daily before taking meds for my knee just in case.

Tested again this morning at 10dpo with first response digital and test is saying error. I have one more so I will be testing later today I suppose. ~X(
  • Options
    @jennOK what dpo are you at? Maybe it was too early to test?
  • Options
    I should be at right around 15. Not too early. Just not my month.
  • Options
  • Options
    @Goldsgirl9 !!!! Fx..and wth with the error?! So annoying!!!

@jennOK I'm sorry :(
  • Options
    I'm sorry @jennOK :(

@Goldsgirl9 that's very hopeful! Fingers crossed for you (but also so much empathy for the error. I hate that!!!)
  • Options
    @jennOK, I'm very sorry!!

@Goldsgirl9 - do you pee in a cup and then dip the stick?  I've gotten errors when I try to pee directly on the stick because, I'm going to be honest, I have no sense of aim with my pee stream and I probably get the whole darn thing wet.  Just a thought...
  • Options
    Well I tried the second digital and got a BFP. I wasn't even sure I peed enough on it. We feel kind numb about it because of the losses this year. DH wants me to retest. He thinks it's too soon. It's so weird to feel very business like about this and not excited.

The positive this far is that I have had no spotting. Last two losses I had spotting on and off before BFP. Gonna call OB tomorrow and see what he wants to do. Not sure if he'll want to test betas right away or wait until I am a little further along. Usually he sees patients immediately with 48 follow up but with my losses and I don't know what he'll want to do.
  • Options
    OMG!  @Goldsgirl9, that's so exciting.  Can we be excited even though you're being business like and not excited?  I'm so happy for you!!!
  • Options
    Thanks @emsmama15! Lol, Yes by all means. I think I'll feel better once I get to the doc and have beta #'s.
  • Options
    Hurray! I understand the apprehension, but great news. Keeping you in my thoughts for good numbers that keep on rising!
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, congrats! @Goldsgirl9
  • Options
    I am one who needs doctor's confirmation too before it really sinks in.
  • Options
    Congrats @Goldsgirl9! Keep us updated on the betas!
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
    Whoo hoop @Goldsgirl9 yay for good news.

I'm 10 DPO, terrible cramping and some, shall we say "unsavory" like CM today (see my separate post if you're brave).

@thistle8677 I almost lost it at FF rating our sex lives! LMFAO!
  • Options
    @Goldsgirl9, fantastic news!  I definitely understand the fears. Can't wait to hear if you get betas, etc.
    **child mentioned**
    BFP 8/26/2016

• Options
    @jennOK, I meant to answer you before and got caught up in @Goldsgirl9's news.  If you go onto Fertility Friend - either the website or the app, they have a TON of tutorials for temping and charting.  They are awesome and will teach you everything you ever wanted to know (and then some) about it!!  Good luck!
  • Options
    @Goldsgirl9 congratulations!!!
    I completely understand feeling worried after recurrent loss...sending you lots of warm positive sticky vibes!!!!xoxoxo <:-P
  • Options
    @jennOK good luck with temping. It's really not complicated at all, just kind of intimidating at first.
  • Options
    Headed to OB Weds for first Betas. Can't go tomorrow because I'm traveling for work.
  • Options
    @Goldsgirl9 --congratulations! Here's hoping for a happy and healthy 9 months!
  • Options
    Congratulations @Goldsgirl9!  I hope things go really well and you can be happy soon.  I'm sending you good thoughts.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    So happy for you @Goldsgirl9!! Congrats!