January 2016 Moms
Options

Still nauseous

tomorrow I am officially 17 weeks and I am constantly struggling with nausea. At the same time I've also developed what feels like a burning pit of hunger in my stomach that can't be satisfied. I'm not throwing up, but I still have food and smell aversions that are making this really tough. I'm constantly hungry, but nothing sounds even remotely good to eat. I also can't stand the smell/sight of cooking most foods. Anyone else having this problem and or have some ideas that might help?? Thanks!!

Re: Still nauseous

• Options
    Hopefully this means you are starting to transition out of the morning sickness and into the endless hunger. Lol! I've had a little overlap of these two symptoms and then started to notice less nausea. Just eat what sounds good at the moment and hopefully it will get easier. Good luck!
  • Options
    I threw up all day every day until 18 weeks with my first. One day I skipped the night sickness, the next day the afternoon and the next morning... All gone! And the heartburn hit ;) lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey I was feeling the same way as well.. But the last one week nausea has been much lesser .. And my stomach has now blossomed into a beautiful bottomless pit that growls if not fed every 15 mins
  • Options
    I could deal with the hunger if I didn't hate food! Hopefully you're right, maybe the nausea will go away soon and I can start eating/cooking again!
  • Options
    Most of what your saying is completely normal. You will start to see your appeptite increase as baby gets bigger. Also, the food adversions and smells usually stay all pregnancy. I'm on my third and it doesn't go away until birth.
  • Options
    I'm still nauseated and I do still throw up, and I just hit 19'weeks. I find having something in my stomach helps.
    I eat a lot of cereal because it's quick and easy and no cooking. Then I'm able to make some eggs, then hopefully make it 2 hours and eat again.
    Being tired really amplifies it, so I sleep when I can if I'm feeling extra unwell.
    Hang in there. The remarkable thing is, the morning after baby is born. No more morning sickness. It just goes away. Very noticeable, and you'll have a super cute baby that will help make u forget 9 months of nasty nausea.