March 2015 Moms
Options

Getting back in the groove with hubs

I just feel like I can't get back into the groove with my husband. I want to - but I've had a rough go since baby. A 3rd degree tear, then I got the birth control implant - I've been bleeding for 7 weeks. I just had it removed yesterday after I had to have two iron infusions because I'm so anemic. The iron will take a few weeks to work its magic. In the meantime I'm exhausted beyond belief - and nugget sleeps 12 hours a night. Being so exhausted when he sleeps for such long stretches is extremely annoying. This is like his first few weeks all over again. We've managed to be intimate once since he's been born and it's been almost 5 months now. I feel awful because the longer it goes the more you just get used to it. And I know you have to put the effort into it - but the little energy I do have goes into the baby. I don't know what to do /: I don't want this to become our normal. But I just don't know where to pick up or how.

Re: Getting back in the groove with hubs

• Options
    The best advice I can give you is to talk to your husband. Ask him what he thinks about the situation and if he has any ideas. Remember, being intimate doesn't always mean sex. You could spend quality time doing a joint activity, have a quiet "baby free" dinner, or just talk and relax. I've discovered that having an open and honest conversation releases lots of stress and tension between people. Enjoying each other's company may open the door to physical intimacy again. Hope that helps!