February 2016 Moms

Let's play a game!

Re: Let's play a game!

• Loading the player...

• So alright I'm going to go with this:

NHIE gone a year without reading at least one Harry Potter book since I first discovered the series.

I re-read teh whole series every summer.

Me too! Actually the last few years I've been listening to the audiobooks by Jim Dale instead. He's amazing. And listening is so much easier with a toddler! I just finished Deathly Hallows on Thursday and now I have this big gaping hole in my life :(
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • All of you non Harry Potter reading people really need to check yourselves.
    I have attempted, I just can't. My co worker and really good friend LOVES HP.. I just can't get into it. UO I assume. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• All of you non Harry Potter reading people really need to check yourselves.

I have attempted, I just can't. My co worker and really good friend LOVES HP.. I just can't get into it. UO I assume. 

Same! I've started the first book like 5 times, I just can't get into it!
  • pbtoast said:
    All of you non Harry Potter reading people really need to check yourselves.
    Harry Potter is written to help improve literacy. So the first book is like a 3rd grade reading level with a story line written for a third grader. Each book after that is a higher reading level and a more complex storyline. Starting the first book in adulthood would be frustrating. Try watching the first few movies and then starting with a later book.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • geojam224 said:
    pbtoast said:
    Harry Potter is written to help improve literacy. So the first book is like a 3rd grade reading level with a story line written for a third grader. Each book after that is a higher reading level and a more complex storyline. Starting the first book in adulthood would be frustrating. Try watching the first few movies and then starting with a later book.
    I have actually never heard it put that way. Interesting…. Thanks for that. I may try again then. I have unlimited access to ALL the books AND movies due to my HP loving friend. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Nhie, killed someone or something, like an animal or a person. (Your car counts as a weapon! Don't worry no one will find out about the bodies this way!

Bugs? Even unintentionally?
    S & A married 8.12.2013
    Expecting Saulie O 2.12.2016
  • Nhie, killed someone or something, like an animal or a person. (Your car counts as a weapon! Don't worry no one will find out about the bodies this way!

Birds seem to be a magnet for my car!!
  • Never have I ever not missed an episode of Young and the Restless since I discovered it in 1999.

Edited for typo.

So, to be clear, you HAVE missed episodes? Sorry, trying to figure out the wording.

Does it count if you are the one that removes the life support at the end of someone's life? :/

Does it count if you are the one that removes the life support at the end of someone's life? :/

Aw. :( That got real.
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16

• geojam224 said:

pbtoast said:

I have actually never heard it put that way. Interesting…. Thanks for that. I may try again then. I have unlimited access to ALL the books AND movies due to my HP loving friend. 

Yes! The first three books are quite kid-ish (still enjoyable for those of us that grew up with them), and they get longer, more intriguing, and darker later in the series. Honestly the seventh one, which I just finished, has some pretty mature themes. I definitely encourage you to get through at the first two or three as quickly as you can (they aren't that long or sophisticated) so that you can get to 4-7, the heart of the series. The first is especially juvenile so I can see how it'd be hard to get through it as an adult.

I don't agree with watching the movies instead, though. They suck unless you think of them as completely separate from the books. They leave so much out.
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
    Aw. :( That got real.
    Yeah, I don't even want to respond to that NHIE. I'm sorry @rachrobertson
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Timmysgal02Timmysgal02 member
    edited August 2015
    cantobean said:
    Never have I ever not missed an episode of Young and the Restless since I discovered it in 1999. Edited for typo.
    So, to be clear, you HAVE missed episodes? Sorry, trying to figure out the wording.

Nope, I've never missed an episode,sorry, that was funky writing...will need to edit again! haha.
    Happily Married to Tim {10-11-2003}
    Isabella {09-02-05} & Savannah {03-02-07} & Bradley {02-06-10}

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @Reinhrs my car is a bird magnet too!
  • NHIE been a participant of a Golden Shower.
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker