January 2016 Moms
Options

Daily Symptoms Questions and Concerns - Aug 7

Here is the thread to post any weird feelings or symptoms, ask symptoms related questions, or share concerns about your pregnancy. Many of us experience similar symptoms and this thread helps us to keep each other informed and calm.

It's Friday!!!!

STM - EDD June 24 '18
DD - January 2016

Re: Daily Symptoms Questions and Concerns - Aug 7

• Options
    Feeling suuuuuuuper tired, dark circles around my eyes even though I slept a lot. I'm afraid I might be anemic, wouldn't be the first time in my life. Other than that all right!

• Options
    My pelvis bone throbs.....but feeling Loralei move everyday warms my heart :)!!!! Ahhhh I'm starving all day every day and my acid reflux last night could have been the death of me ugh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @anitamtl This is also my current situation.  IT Costmetics makes a concealer called Bye Bye Undereye and it seriously saved me from looking so haggard.
  • Options
    17 weeks 5 days

I had energy but past few days been feeling defeated lol tired and taking advantage of sleeping in when I can.

MS was gone (for weeks) but randomly puked a few nights ago....so that was cool..

Feeling infrequent/light movements-- super excited!!!

Sore back/hips, headaches, swelled sinuses, occasional irrational weepiness lol

But overall I feel good!! Anything is better than the ickiness that was the 1st trimester!!
  • Options
    @BabyRut2015: I've puked randomly a few times since the MS went away too. Annoying but better than every freaking day! Lol.

Headachy and my sinuses are a hot mess. Not sure how much of that is pregnancy and how much is the cold my husband and I are trying to get over. Otherwise I'm doing pretty good.
  • Options
    Woke up to my 7 month old at 4 am doing this blood curdling scream. Scared me so bad I jumped outta bed, picked her up and she calmed down. But since then my stomach has been upset/ in knots and no appetite
  • Options
    So, yesterday I posted on the symptoms thread that I had itchy feet and I thought it was weird. The itching progressed to severe, maniacal itching of my feet, hands, and lower legs and arms. I have zero rash, hives, or redness on my skin. I was up all last night itching like crazy. By this morning around 7, I just knew something was not right. I called my OB and it turns out that this type of itching is associated with cholestasis (essentially insufficient removal of bile from the liver). It happens in pregnancy (usually much later than 19w, but not always) very rarely and doesn't hurt the mom, but, can be very harmful to the fetus. She ordered blood work to check my total serum bile acid and cholic acid levels, so, I'm just waiting on those to come back. I'm really hoping it's just a freak occurrence and nothing serious. I'm in love with my baby and really want her to be ok! I'm glad I didn't ignore it though, and  that I called my OB. Anyone with weird symptoms, don't be afraid to call your OBs! That is why they are there and we need to b safe!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    anitamtlanitamtl member
    edited August 2015
    So, yesterday I posted on the symptoms thread that I had itchy feet and I thought it was weird. The itching progressed to severe, maniacal itching of my feet, hands, and lower legs and arms. I have zero rash, hives, or redness on my skin. I was up all last night itching like crazy. By this morning around 7, I just knew something was not right. I called my OB and it turns out that this type of itching is associated with cholestasis (essentially insufficient removal of bile from the liver). It happens in pregnancy (usually much later than 19w, but not always) very rarely and doesn't hurt the mom, but, can be very harmful to the fetus. She ordered blood work to check my total serum bile acid and cholic acid levels, so, I'm just waiting on those to come back. I'm really hoping it's just a freak occurrence and nothing serious. I'm in love with my baby and really want her to be ok! I'm glad I didn't ignore it though, and  that I called my OB. Anyone with weird symptoms, don't be afraid to call your OBs! That is why they are there and we need to b safe!
    Wow it's so good that you called! I would have never paid attention to that, since I have these itchy feet phases that come and go (while not pregnant). Good instincts! And I hope everything is fine, you caught it early!
  • Options
    15w on the dot, usually feeling pretty good, felt very faint during mini golf today and had to stop our game to get a pretzel and some Gatorade. My ear has been hurting today, but I just went to the ENT last week...I'm leaving our beach vacation tonight and when I get home I'll try a saline flush and see if it feels better before going back to the ENT, sigh.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry @Beverly0628, that sounds scary.  Glad that you were able to get in touch with your OB.  Sending T&P your way.
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    skfgskfg member
    Thinking of you @Beverly0628. I hope the results come back soon. Do you put lemon in your water? It is not a cure all by any means, but lemon helps tonify the liver and may provide a little relief.

My main concern at this point is my lack of appetite. I feel icky when I force myself to eat when not hungry. Down's babies tend to be small so I know eating optimally is important. Thinking small protein snacks may be the way to go.
  • Options
    Beverly0628Beverly0628 member
    edited August 2015
    @skfg I love lemon water and drink it all the time! Unfortunately, what I mentioned is pretty far beyond the help of lemon water. :( I'm still waiting and hoping that the labs come back ok and everything just gets back to normal on its own. Maybe it's just a weird fluke! Thanks for your thoughts!
    Have you tried protein smoothies? I use coconut milk, protein powder, and frozen mixed fruit for extra nutrition on days when I'm not feeling like eating much. Maybe that would help?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Feeling better than usual today. I went to the park because the weather was nice but had to sit after a few minutes because standing was making me feel nauseous.
    I got another bout of heartburn today so am probably going to have to look into getting something to ease the symptoms next time.
    Still really tired and having to per ALL of the time.
    Other than that today was a good day :)
  • Options
    17 weeks, 4 days.
    And I am SO sick of this stuffy nose. Seriously, I wanna chop it off. I can't fricken breathe! Stuffy nose and increased mucus in the back of my throat is a horrible combination.
    Also the heartburn and hip pain is annoying the crap outta me. Usually if I throw my leg over DH during the night, my hips don't hurt in the morning. Last night I didn't and I've been paying the price for it today.

Peeing all the time, and I've been having a ton of pulling/stretching pains. They hurt for a minute then they're gone.
  • Options
    This is a totally gross update, but whatever... The increase in discharge is beyond annoying. That "oh man, I just got my period feeling" minus the whole period part has gotten old to me already and I know it's supposed to only get worse. I constantly find myself hoping I don't show through a skirt at work. Yuck and apologies for that confession/symptom.
  • Options
    I wake up choking in the middle of the night!!! My doctor finally called me back and said I probably have acid reflux and I need to elevate my bed. That's one symptom I hadn't heard of until I had it. Hoping it doesn't happen again because it is annoying and SCARY!
  • Options
    My lower back hurts so bad! I think I need to start taking a break at work and get off my feet for thirty minutes. At least it's just my back today, earlier in the week it was my back, ankles and calves