January 2016 Moms
Options

Any thoughts on baby girl name Emery Violet? Too odd or nicely unique?

I like the ease of pronunciation and originality but am worried it simply sounds like someone trying to say "Emily" if they had a speech impediment...

Answers

• Options
    I love it! My sister is having a girl and I told her that name as an idea!
  • Options
    Love it!!!! So cute and different.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If we have a girl her name will be Emery!! The most I hear about it is that it's a boy name
  • Options
    It's really pretty.

pregnancy #1 :: daughter lost to chromosomal abnormality at 18 weeks
    pregnancy #2 :: son, born Aug 2011
    pregnancy #3 :: due Jan 2016
  • Options
    I love it.

ps, my names Emily :P
  • Options
    I never would have thought of that, but now that you mention it I do hear Emily with a speech impediment, or a mouth full of food! I will probably think that every time I hear the name now!
  • Options
    I know multiple little girls and a baby named Emery or Emory. Violet is also a popular name due mainly to Ben Afleck and Jennifer Garner's daughter. They are both beautiful names, and I am not trying to say anything negative. But if you are purposely going for something unique, I don't think these names are "different". If you go to the website Baby Name Wizard they will tell you which names are in the top 100 and so on.
  • Options
    Personally I'm not a fan of Emery as it reminds me of Emily, or a nail file. However, if you like it, I certainly don't think it's too "unique" at all! It doesn't really matter what anyone else's oppionion is at the end of the day! It's not like you are naming her "apple" or "north" ;)
  • Options
    It's pretty but definitely not unique. Violet is in the top 20 names and has been for a while and I've seen loads of Emery's on TB and other baby forums.
  • Options
    I agree with Emery being pretty trendy (as well as Violet), but Violet is gorgeous.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    I think Emily Violet would be lovely.

Emery sounds like a speech impediment, or like you were trying for a "special " take on Emily.
  • Options
    Love love love. That was going to be our girls name if LO turned out female!
  • Options
    Too trendy for my taste. What about something like Vivian?

DD1 born 11/2014

DD2 born 6/2016

• Options
    Like others have said, it is a pretty popular name right now. When I first read your post I thought , oh Emery cute! Then I kept reading and the whole Emery sounds like someone trying to say Emily thing - lol! That's all I can think about now. I'm laughing every time I hear the name Emery from now on, picturing someone trying to say Emily. Ha!!
  • Options
    I think its really cute!
  • Options
    Very cute!!
  • Options
    I think it's cute, but Emery is becoming a pretty popular name. I know two little girls named Emery.
  • Options
    Too trendy.  I agree with PP that Emily Violet would be a lovely name.
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I like it, Violet was on my long list as a middle name. I'm not as big of a fan of Emery, but I think the names sounds good together.