Parenting after 35

The month stickers

So, I ordered month stickers to take Chloe's picture when she's one month (which is today), two months, etc.

WELL ... I open the stickers today after getting her all purty and whatnot and the stickers are for a boy!  A boy, I tell ya!  She is not a boy.  So, either amazon sent the wrong ones or I ordered the wrong ones (which I highly doubt as I pulled up my order and the picture clearly shows pink stickers).  I am so annoyed right now!  I have no birth stickers for my daughter.  I am never gonna be the perfect mom!  :)

I hear they sell the stickers at Buy, Buy, Baby so, in theory, I could go up there (about a 15 minute drive) and get them.  However, fiance is at work and my car got towed to the shop today because it needs a new battery.  (You would think that we could just swap out the battery or jump the car, but no.  The stupid car alarm keeps going off and we can't start the car at all now.  So, yeah, towed.  Boo.)

Anyway, just had to rant for a bit.  Gotta go though cause I'm pretty sure I just heard Chloe have explosive poop.  Have a good day, ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The month stickers

• I just use a chalkboard and handwrite it. Looks like the 2-year-old did it.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Go mommies - I never even got around to doing those kinds of photos for any of the kids, so I'd say you're doing alright.  

As for the "boy" stickers, it triggers my favorite rant about why so many things are pegged as gender specific - why can't girls wear blue and boys wear pink (my husband looks best in a pink button down after all)?  Maybe you could buck gender stereo types and use the blue stickers for your DD (assuming she's wearing girly clothing lol).    
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree, @xuxachi.  Personally, I love blue for a girl, and even have some blue outfits for her.  (She's actually wearing a navy dress right now.)  But these stickers are brown and blue and really look almost masculine to me.  So I'm gonna return them and we're gonna take the ride and get the more girlie ones from Buy, Buy Baby.  We're gonna make a night of it ... check out the Halloween decorations at the craft store, maybe grab dinner.  We'll see what Chloe let's us do, lol. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Is it Halloween decoration time already?! I can't wait for fall, it's my favorite time of year. Hope your night goes well @jerseygirl227
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15