November 2015 Moms
Options

Braxton Hicks? Or something else?!

I am 26 preggo with mono-di twins. And I'm not sure what I am feeling. This is my third pregnancy and I have no medical issues and I am healthy as can be. No history of heart problems or anxiety, etc.

It feels like a nervous-like, heart palpatating, lightheaded feeling. At first it only happened when I laid on my right side, but now it's whenever my stomach gets hard...no pain though...so I'm assuming that's Braxton Hicks, right? Ok...but what is the weird feeling following it?

I don't see my high risk until Friday...but I'm starting to worry bc that feeling is happening more frequently!! Today...4 times. Is it just Braxton Hicks and Am I worrying too much? Or is there cause for concern?

Re: Braxton Hicks? Or something else?!

• Options
    I don't think BH would be described as a "heart palpatating, lightheaded feeling."  BH is literally just the muscles in your abdomen tightening as practice for actual labor.  What you're describing sounds like maybe a dip in blood pressure or blood sugar...
  • Options
    As PP Said you normally don't get light headed with Braxton Hicks. It also doesn't effect your heart. They also don't usually hurt just your stomach gets ultra tight and uncomfortable. I didn't have them with DD1 and had very few with DD2.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd call your doctor. It sounds a blood pressure/sugar thing like @urby87 said but I dunno. Are you drinking enough water and eating well?
  • Options
    Lying on your right side can compress the abdominal aorta which can lead to a drop in blood pressure and feelings you're describing. Lay on your left side instead and you should be fine.