February 2015 Moms
Options

Carrier for bigger boy

Hi everyone
My son is over 21 pounds and was going to quickly grow out of his carrier which we brought back as we didn't like it any way. Can anyone recommend one for bigger infants. He's growing quickly and we don't want to spend money on something he will outgrow very soon. Thanks!

Re: Carrier for bigger boy

• Options
    Do you mean for baby wearing or like, a car seat?
  • Options
    Baby wearing. He almost outgrowing his car seat at this point any way and is time for a regular car seat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kcofrinkcofrin member
    edited August 2015
    The ergo is amazing and can even carry toddlers I absolutely love mine
  • Options
    Thank you!!2
  • Options

Baby wearing. He almost outgrowing his car seat at this point any way and is time for a regular car seat.

I like my ring sling, and just borrowed a padded one which is great so far.
  • Options
    What are you using for baby wearing now?
    I perfer my Tula. It has super padded arm straps and the standards can be used for a long time.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    We recently brought back a Coda carrier. He hung way too loose from it and can barely fit into it. He's a big boy not your typical infant size......
  • Options
    Soft structured carriers are either designed just for infants or for larger babies/toddlers with an optional newborn insert. It looks like the Chicco coda is classified as an infant carrier. Carriers like the Tula are more adjustable so can handle larger children. Typically carriers will list the weight range on their websites. I personally prefer woven wraps because they are less bulky and are more versatile than the soft structured carriers. Those can be used newborn through toddler.
  • Options
    I have a beco Gemini that works really well for us. My guy isn't quite as big (19.5lbs) but this carrier is well suited to handle biggins, as it goes up to 45 lbs. I have also heard awesome things about the lillebaby, but those are a bit more expensive. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Buy a tula. They are worth every penny! I love mine and you can wear it front carrying or carry your LO on your back. You can also buy a newborn insert for later if you have more children an use it for them. Or buy and extender set for the straps and use it at toddler age.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    Love the Baby Ktan! We have the regular and the active. The active is just a lighter silky mesh fabric for summer. Easy to put on by myself and he loves it. He is 22 lbs.
  • Options
    I love my Ergo (My LO is 21lbs) and a friend who has a 45lb 3 year old still uses hers with her son on her back and loves it.