July 2015 Moms

C-section and sex

last Week I had gotten a c section, so I'm pretty swollen and numb where my scar is. My bleeding has almost stopped already and I am going crazy not being able to do things with my boy friend. I just hate waiting!

Re: C-section and sex

• I am the same way, I get very bitchy waiting too lol. It's more said not to have sex because it can cause infection, I'm 3 weeks post C section and jumped him early Friday morning (our Thursday night on swing shift) and we used a condom to make sure none went up and possibly infected as well as I peef and washed after with eipee gor us. s just to be on the safe side. It went awesome and I have no infection symptoms.

And the people that frustrate me lately livedd another day cause this momma got laid lmao. Listen to your body and take it slow, but waiting the 6 weeks is recommended to ensure you're healed enough.
  • I posted something similar a few days ago.. Well update- i did have anal sex 3 ½ weeks pp c section delivery as well. & i plan to do it vaginally once my brown bleeding has stopped but using a condem of course. Do what you feel is right. My doc told me i could as long as the bleeding has stopped. It seens like theres alot of diff responses to this. But do what you feel is right.
  • Loading the player...
  • Opps just noticed i posted 2 of the same sentances twice. Lol.
  • I may be hijacking this post with this question. Im a FTM and i had a c section almost 4 weeks ago. Is there anything different about sex after a c section? I'm assuming (and hoping!) not since it wasn't a vaginal birth. Any tips or recommendations for the first time back?
  • Well.... @gmk1784 it was a bit different at first for me. I read cause they stretch things while in there and all that great stuff. Plus the catheter I had in I still have some pain from that. It hurt a tiny bit and was a little uncomfortable the first minute or two, we just went really slow, I rode him cause he wanted me to control what I could handle. Then it all went away and felt back to normal for me. But there was that bit of discomfort in the beginning.
  • You ladies are nuts! I have almost no pain with my c section (1 week pp) but I would never jeapordize my healing for sex! Just because your insicion might be healed it doesn't mean your insides are. Take it easy and wait! Also using a condom is not going to protect you from infection. Especially if it's lubricated.
  • Oh I'm so opposite. I lose my sex drive during pregnancy.. Well. For te most part, once in awhile self love was okay. Now I'm 5 and a half weeks post partum.. While a majority of the numbness has gone away, I still have a lot of it. And absolutely no sex drive. I did try to make it come back... But screw it. I don't even care anymore. I have had a fairly hard time healing this go around.. My incision still isn't fully healed beacause of a stupid stitch that won't dissolve. It's causing an infection. I have a lot of pain in the incision and I'm pretty sure it's due to cysts as I have chronic ones. I was diagnosed chronic hypertension at 2 weeks pp. and the meds they gave me didn't work. Finally found one that does. My heart rate was in the 30's for weeks after birth. I had pretty bad anemia. And my levels took awhile to come back up after having pre eclampsia. So I'm pretty sure it's because of all of this that mentally I have no desire and physically I have no drive.