April 2014 Moms

Anniversary help!

So my wedding anniversary is next weekend. I've got nothing. Neither of our babysitters are available, so it's not looking good for a night out. I also have no idea what to do for a gift. I would like to spend no more than $100. Any ideas? If I can at least get a decent gift, maybe I can be redeemed! It's our 6th, so apparently the traditional gift is Candy/iron and the modern is wood. What?!

Re: Anniversary help!

• Search etsy for wood items? A nice pen or something? Or, something for woodworking? Does he do that kind of thing? I'm no real help.
    yellowflower15
  • Haha! He's terrible with anything handy! He destroys everything he touches and always tells me how it wasn't made properly ;) but yes, maybe an etsy search is in order.
    Sporty1216
  • Loading the player...
  • That is hilarious. I love the "it must not have been made properly" defense. I'm gonna use that one myself. ;)
  • Maybe a wooden frame?
    Sporty1216yellowflower15
  • Get one of those big wood chainsaw statues! Haha JK. Maybe just tickets for a show or concert to a future event. I know it's not a 6th anniversary thing but it's a future night out :-) ps happy anniversary!
    Sporty1216yellowflower15
  • I'm still waiting to find an antique wooden dictionary stand (we live in a 120 year old Victorian house) for my DH for last year. He had to take a rain check.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    yellowflower15
  • Get one of those big wood chainsaw statues! Haha JK. Maybe just tickets for a show or concert to a future event. I know it's not a 6th anniversary thing but it's a future night out :-) ps happy anniversary!

Even better - the chainsaw to carve it himself. I can only image the "art" we would have for our house!

We both tend to experience type gifts. I'm a little worried though because our two babysitters are moving on to "real" jobs (I hope no one internet screams at me for that), so I need to find someone new and I'm really nervous about strangers, so... No idea when I'll figure that one out. But that's kind if my preference, so maybe...
  • Thanks ladies! I ended up getting tix to a comedy show for him. Well, actually I have him an IOU for a show at a festival coming up. I feel kind of lame about the IOU element, but I'm working with the babysitter and now DH to pick a comedian that DH likes on a night that the sitter is available. Dates sure are more complicated since having kids!

On a side note, DH did a great job. He got me a necklace/pendant from a local designer/artisan that has silver and wood. It's probably the jewelry that I have liked the most from him and probably not as expensive as past attempts! Now I just have to wait until LO grows out of his death grasp habit so I can wear it.
    BperkunSporty1216
  • Glad you found something! IOU's at least give you something to look forward to in the future! Hope you have fun!
    yellowflower15Sporty1216