1st Trimester
Options

Anyone else hate their job?

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and started a new job 2 months ago so had no idea I was pregnant but turns out I HATE this new job. It's a man's world and I'm on probation so I have a feeling they may find a reason to fire me once they find out. Anyone else hate their job and dreaming about mat leave?

Re: Anyone else hate their job?

• Options
    YES ! I've been at my job since December but I've hated it for a couple months.. I am 9 weeks and want to already leave and be at home lol. I totally understand your pain!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been in the same line of work for 10 years now.  I'm thinking of making a change after maternity leave, maybe even going back to school to finish my degree and find something better/more suitable to my life at this time.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP 6/16/13 ~ EDD 2/22/14 ~ CP 6/20/13 @ 4W3D
    BFP 1/1/14 ~ EDD 9/6/14 ~ CP 1/4/14 @ 4W2D
    BFP 6/24/15 ~ EDD 3/6/16 ~ Here's hoping 3rd time is a charm!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 2 1/2 months in to an awful new job and 5 wks pregnant. I interviewed for a new job Thursday which I think will be amazing. I'm terrified to tell the new employer (if I get the job) "Hey thanks for the job! Oh, BTW I'm pregnant soooo you'll be losing me to maternity leave in a few!"
    I work labor/delivery so I hope they would be supportive. They would be gaining a new customer!
  • Options
    Just remember, if you start a job while pregnant you will not be covered by FMLA (less than 12 months) and they don't have to keep your job for you when you go out on maternity leave.  In that circumstance as a boss, I would hold a position for someone who told me they were pregnant before they took the job but probably would not if they didn't tell me.