Pregnant after a Loss

pregnant immediatly after MC

alishafpetchalishafpetch member
edited July 2015 in Pregnant after a Loss
Hi All,

Please bare with me as I'm new to this! So yesterday I found out that I was pregnant again, yes! I lost the baby last month on 01.07.15 after being 3 weeks pregnant. Now according to my clear blue test I am 1-2 weeks pregnant again. So if you do the maths I must have fallen instantly after the MC. Of course I'm so aprehensive and anxious as of course it's very early and we don't want history to repeat itself. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced falling this quickly after?
Thanks you in advance ladies

Re: pregnant immediatly after MC

• ash413ash413 member
    It is certainly possible, and not all that uncommon to become pregnant in the first cycle after a mc. Did you have a negative pregnancy test, or confirm your HCG was 0 prior to this preg test? With my first mc my HCG only got up to around 1500 but took over a month to hit 0.

I am assuming your doctor will being doing labs to ensure doubling HCG given your recent loss? Congrats!

• We waited, but my husband's mom was pregnant with him when she went to her check-up after a loss and that pregnancy obviously went well. ☺
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with @ash413 , do you know if your levels fell back to 0 after your loss? There may still be some in your system triggering a positive. To answer your question, I had a d&c for a mmc may 8 and got a positive hpt June 9, I had an ultrasound Wednesday at 11 weeks and all looks well so far. So, yes it can definitely happen, but I would ask for some blood draws if you didn't confirm that your hcg fell back after your loss.
  • Thank you for replying and for your advice. Previously with my loss I went to hospital where they did another pregnancy test and it came back as negative, they confirmed that it was an early misscarriage as I was heavily bleeding and had stomach cramps. Apologies for my ignorance but what does HCG stand for? - due to recent experiences we haven't yet booked into a doctor as I wanted to give it a few more weeks just to be safe.
  • Hcg is your pregnancy hormone... I think! After my loss, the doctor checked it until I got down to 5. When I got pregnant this time, they checked it a couple of times to make sure it was rising properly/doubling.
  • Oh ok makes sense! Thank you for explaining
  • Thank you for replying and for your advice. Previously with my loss I went to hospital where they did another pregnancy test and it came back as negative, they confirmed that it was an early misscarriage as I was heavily bleeding and had stomach cramps. Apologies for my ignorance but what does HCG stand for? - due to recent experiences we haven't yet booked into a doctor as I wanted to give it a few more weeks just to be safe.

I would suggest calling an OB on Monday to schedule your first appointment. I usually have to schedule at least 2 or 3 weeks out for a non emergent appointment. Also, often OB want to run a few labs if you have a history of Mc in order to check your HCG, but also other hormones like progesterone. My OB wanted me on progesterone asap due to low levels.
  • Had early scan today and a little bubba is tucked away safe with its heart beat going strong, 6 weeks pregnant so it's possible to fall straight after - rare but clearly possible !
  • Congratulations! That must have been a relief! I'm hoping to get some positive news next week at doc appt. I got a BFP this week, one cycle after D&C.
  • Skydance said:

Congratulations! That must have been a relief! I'm hoping to get some positive news next week at doc appt. I got a BFP this week, one cycle after D&C.

Wishing you all the luck - I'm sure everything will be fine, don't stress and take care of yourself
  • Yay! Congratulations! :O)
  • Yay! Congratulations! :O)

Thank you!! X