March 2015 Moms
Options

Still using travel system?

We have a Graco Aire3 Click Connect travel system. It was great when we had a newborn. I was wondering if our son would like the stroller better without the car seat attached? He has great head control but can't sit up on his own yet. The stroller does recline but I think he would probably prefer to be more upright. Is it ok to use the stroller like this at his age? (4 months). Also I was wondering if anyone has switched to a convertible car seat yet? Is it easy to strap them in car? Getting tired of lugging around carrier. I have read the infant carriers are safer for newborns, but wondering if it's ok to switch now that he's older?

Re: Still using travel system?

• Options
    Yeah, I use my carrier and all in one. Right now since I'm setting up my classroom for the school year I've been using the carrier since she can sit in it in my classroom but I bought a lightweight stroller to take when I use the all in one seat. As long as baby has good head control and there is a 5 point harness I don't see any problem with it.
  • Options
    My LO has been trying desperately to sit for the past week or so, and we started using the stroller without the car seat Last weekend. I kind of miss having her face me, but she really enjoys the view. We have a Graco Click Connect jogging stroller and she does fine. We even went camping with it and used it on pretty uneven ground, and she was not shaken up too much. Granted, she is a bit large at 16 1/2 lbs, and I'm not sure if I would have started her much smaller. But as long as head control is there, it should be fine. As for the car seat, I'm planning on upgrading if and when we get pregnant with our second. Her seat can go up to 35 lbs, so no need to switch things up just yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was thinking about this today! My lo is sitting up with support of the boppy and can hold himself for short bursts. We have the britax travel system and I'm noticing he's trying to sit up in his car seat when we go on walks and gets frustrated. After reading these posts I think the next walk I will try him in the stroller part.
  • Options
    We've been out of the car seat for awhile. We have a graco stroller/car seat combo that has three settings and we just leaned him back a little. We just got a nicer umbrella stroller that has a reversible back so he can face us again - he likes that a lot better. We're in Georgia and don't yet make it out a lot for walks because it's about as hot as the surface of the sun. But mostly I just use a wrap going out the rest of the time. I don't even bother with the stroller.