Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Friday

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Testing Plans:

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk:

GTKY: What did your parents teach you that you want to pass down to your LO(s)?
me 30; DH 35
TTC since May 2014.
Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
Short LP (8 days).
Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

Re: TWW Friday

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 19/5

Timing: -3, -1, +1

Testing Plans: When I feel the urge to POAS, I'll probably do it...even though I'd like to wait for AF

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: So tired! But that is more likely due to my 6 hrs of sleep/night average for the week.

My parents showed us how we are a family and all need to work collectively to make the family dynamics work, keep the house clean, etc. It really helped me have healthier relationships as an adult with friends, roommates, and DH.

We traveled a lot (road trips and camping!), which I'd like to continue with my kids. On one trip, they gave each of the kids a daily per diem for food, so we had to make careful choices for how to spend that money. Get a dessert at lunch and you might need a smaller dinner to balance the spending. We all thought it was fun at the time, and it helped us learn how to spend wisely when traveling!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    JessicaJM2015JessicaJM2015 member
    edited July 2015

CD/DPO: 26/9

Timing: -5, -2, -1, 0

Testing Plans: Trying to hold out until Tuesday. It's a good thing I has no tests in the house today or I might have lost my willpower!

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: had a pretty big temp spike this morning. Really hoping it stays up there! The last 2 months, I usually get a drop CD 10 and AF shows up on day 12 so we will see. Chart attached.

GTKY: What did your parents teach you that you want to pass down to your LO(s)? My dad passed away when I was very young and my mom never got remarried. She taught me how to be independent and work hard, I hope to pass these traits onto future LO(s).

ETA: to add chart. Ugh mobile won't let me add it here and is making it a separate post!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Here it is... stupid mobile!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle:1

CD/DPO: 33/6

Timing: -3 -1 0

Testing Plans: wait until next weekend!
    Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk:-
    All kinds of nausea (from stress lol). I really hate my bbt chart. It keeps stressing me out thinking I missed my o and my timing is all wrong. I'm just ready to find out so we can proceed one way or another, I am not a patient person! Lol

GTKY: What did your parents teach you that you want to pass down to your LO(s)? My mom and grandmother taught me to paint and I would like to pass that down!

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 17/4

Timing: -3, -2

Testing Plans: I'm not too confident in this cycle, so probably 14 dpo.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: I got dotted crosshairs today! Both FF and I aren't very confident in my o date. It's been a stressful week with back to school, so my temps are everywhere.

My parents insisted on dinner together every night.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 1

CD/DPO: 26/10

Timing: -1

Testing Plans: Originally said tomorrow, but I don't want the BFN disappointment. Will test on Monday if no sign of AF

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: Nothing at the moment

Ditto what @kyleec89 said - dinner together every night

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 31/12

Timing: -2, -1, 0, +1

Testing Plans: Tested today and got a BFN... Not giving up hope at this point only because it's my first month charting so I think as we get into this new month, I'll be able to pin-point the big O day better. Waiting for AF to show her pretty little face in a few days. 

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: Stress level is high with a bunch of changes taking place at work - mainly with the big office renovation. Just happy it's Friday so I can sleep in this weekend and hopefully catch up on some sleep... I've been way too tired the past two weeks.

We always had dinner together growing up - I would really like to keep that going once we have LOs. 
    Also, my parents always taught us to respect our elders - whether that was our grandparents or just their friends - we always had to say "Mr. and Mrs. Smith". To this day, I cannot call my parents friends by their first name, it just feels wrong. (It took me about 3 years into my marriage to call my in-laws by their first name!) I really hope we can teach our LOs with the same respect for others as my parents taught us. 
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    Married: 09/18/2009
    TTC #1: 01/2015
    BFP #1: May 2015 | EDD: Jan 2016 | MC: Jun 2015
    TTC#2: 07/2015

• Options
    @caseyw8784 FRER are more sensitive than cheaper brands, though I haven't read anything yet about curved handle ones and false positives. Fx you get a darker second line tomorrow! Also you could try later today, just hold your pee for a few hours. Either way keep us posted!

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    ejmo68ejmo68 member
    Month/Cycle:2

CD/DPO: 25/11

Timing: -4,0

Testing Plans: I am not testing again unless AF does not show up

Feeling like AF should be here soon.

Eating dinner as a family, and making the holidays specials.

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Options
    Don't mind me, just lurking... but holding out hope for you @caseyw8784
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Options
    0Face0Face member
    I'm with @WinchestertoPittsburch ---lurky-loos who are fx for @caseyw8784

Formerly: FtrMrsO

Me: 34  DH: 35

Married: Oct. 2007

TTC #1:  June 2015

BFP#1 3/19/16  MC 3/28/16

BFP #2 5/26/16 EDD 1/31/17

• Options
    M/C: 2

CD/DPO: 22/4 

Timing: -5, -4, -2, -1, O

Testing plans: Really wanting to wait until AF

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: My experiment with the 3 different apps is interesting. Ovia as an enabler for symptom spotting since it told me "you might start noticing some of the earliest signs of pregnancy..", thanks Ovia, that helps a ton :/

Learn to take care of yourself. My parents divorced and it was really hard for my mom to adjust. She didn't really work or take care of the house so it was a huge change. She decided that she didn't want me (or my brother) to have that problem so she made sure we learned all we could about supporting ourselves.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 2

CD/DPO: 21/6

Timing: -2, -1, 0

Testing Plans: 15 DPO

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: my temps are hovering barely above my coverline. Blah. Really just waiting for AF.

I just hope I am even half the parent my dad is. He has always been big on honesty and hard work paying off. No speshul snowflake entitlement.
    June 2016 April Siggy Challenge: Reasons my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    * past bfp mentioned

Same! @caseyw8784 for reference, with DS I got a bfp 10dpo with a FRER, bfn on dollar store 10 and 11 dpo, then a bfp FRER and dollar store 13dpo I believe (might have been 12). When I looked up the stats online dollar store are definitely less sensitive, so here's hoping that your experience is a sensitivity issue as well!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    edited July 2015

CD/DPO: 37/19 (by crosshairs) 37/17 (if you go by the actual temp spike on my chart)

Timing: Either -2 and 0 or -4, -2, -1, 0, +1

Testing Plans: Sunday if AF is a no show. My husband is out of town this weekend, so I want to be able to either surprise him when he gets back, or have my own private little BFN meltdown. After going so long this time, it'll be hard to swallow. For the most part, my longest cycles have been 36 days with one 39 day cycle shortly after stopping the pill.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: Not gonna do it... but today does make 18 days of elevated temps.... I'm paranoid every twinge is a cramp.

GTKY: I come from a family that has spent their careers in service to others. My parents are a physician and social worker and three of four grandparents were teachers. All of them have been very involved their communities. I want any future LOs to grow up knowing that a life lived helping others is a life well lived.
  • Options

CD/DPO: 19/3

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 0

Testing Plans: 10 DPO

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: chart attached! Nothing special :) typical chart, just trying to stay active with you ladies!

My parents never forced us to be in any particular extra curricular activity. They always had us involved in SOMETHING but if we didn't like it they didn't make us stay in it. E would just try something else. Or if we had a bizarre idea, they would let us sign up for it no questions asked. (my older sister was on an ultimate frisbee team and my little brother was in competitive skate boarding at age 5) I loved it, and greatly appreciated the power to choose what I wanted to do. I had friends who were forced to stay in gymnastics year after year and they were miserable. I want my kids to be in whatever they want to be in. My step daughter just finished veterinarian camp at our local pet shelter while all of her friends did gymnastics camps and swim team.

Me: 27
    DH: 28
    Married: August 2010
    LO: July 2012
    TTC #2 since: May 2015

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 6/5

CD/DPO: 26/12

Timing: -3, -1, 0

Testing Plans: Tested this AM and got a BFN, Holding off until Monday unless AF shows up.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: I've come to the realization that I have an irrational hatred of BFNs. I feel like I've just been slapped in the face with a cement block every time I get one. I also hate how they totally ruin my day :-w

Eating dinner at a table with no TV every night.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 19 / 3

CD/DPO: CD32 / 5dpo

Timing: -2, -1

Testing Plans: I plan on waiting until 10DPO then testing daily until AF shows or a positive HPT. Of course I'm praying or the second result! :)

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk:  this wait is terrible... I refused to buy any tests until 10DPO... but gosh, I just want to go buy some! If this cycle isn't a success, I will be buying those wandfo's, so i don'tfeel as guilty peeing on sticks! 

One thing that stuck with me growing up, my dad used to always say "Remember who you are" before I left the house. It really stuck with me, and make me think about all my decisions, and make sure what i did had a good, positive reflection of who I was...  while I did have troubles, and get into mischief, I think i could have gotten into a whole lot worse, if I didn't have my daddy around to say that to me. :) 

ME: 24 | HIM: 30
    Dr put me on BC pills at age 18 to regulate period. 
    <3 Got Married July 2013  <3
    TTC: Since Jan. 2014. 
    Diagnosed with PCOS Fall 2014. (Not IR)
    Fertility Acupuncture March 2015 - December 2015
    First BFP on 2/6/2016!

(Typical Cycle length 35-48 days)

• Options
    jsassyjsassy member
    Month/Cycle: 18/16

CD/DPO: 20/5

Timing: -8, -6, -5, -4, -3, +2

Testing Plans: Not before 10dpo is my new goal. 

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: I decided to change my cycle # because its more accurate. It really has been that many cycles. Also still mad about timing so I am already feeling like we are out this month.

Traditions. Any traditions. My parents didn't have many, but I love them and want my LO(s) to remember family traditions. 
    Me: 35 - DH: 34
    Married: 08/2009
    BFP #1: 11/2010 - DS born 07/2011
    TTC #2: 02/2014
    RE Dx-Unexplained IF: 06/2015
    BFP #2: 08/12/15 - MC 08/27/15
    BFP #3: 03/11/16 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/09/16 - DD born 12/2016  <3

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 35/14

Timing: -4, -2, 0

Testing Plans: I want to wait til tomorrow, though I was out doing errands and picked up a box of tests so now I'm tempted to test today

No symptoms today that I really notice. Last month I had a 35 day cycle but before that had all been 32/33 for the 5 months before that. I didn't test at all last month, the BFN were too dissapointing. My temp went back up a little today. I'm just trying not to get too hopeful.

My parents are awesome it's hard to pick out one thing in particular, but I guess I would say that you have to work for and earn everything and that nothing just gets given to you and that sometimes you have to do without and that's ok.
  • Options
    jsassyjsassy member
    Also FX @caseyw8784!
    Me: 35 - DH: 34
    Married: 08/2009
    BFP #1: 11/2010 - DS born 07/2011
    TTC #2: 02/2014
    RE Dx-Unexplained IF: 06/2015
    BFP #2: 08/12/15 - MC 08/27/15
    BFP #3: 03/11/16 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/09/16 - DD born 12/2016  <3

• Options
    edited July 2015
    FX @caseyw8784 Keep us updated!!

CD/DPO: 19/5

Timing: -6, -2, -1, O

Testing Plans: Hoping to hold off until a missed AF. I'm pretty regular at 28 sometimes 29 day cycles so if nothing happens on those days (8/9, 8/10) I'm peeing on all the things. I will be out of town helping my sister with her toddler and new baby that weekend so it should make it easier to wait it out!

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: I want to symptom spot but I'm trying to remind myself it's too early to really feel symptoms. Though I have been pretty crampy and bloating the last couple of days. Probs just gas, right? ;)

My parents did a good job of making sure we all knew that family was the most important thing. We would always have dinner together and one night of the week was dedicated to being together. My parents divorced unexpectedly when I was 17 and my dad later remarried and those values weren't something my step mom and her kids really were strong for so my dads household now is a little less family centered, unfortunately. This has made me realize even more how truly essential it is to teach those values.

Edited: words are hard. TGIF!!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO: 30/12

Timing: -5, -2, 0

Testing Plans: *********************************loss mentioned************************************************

I was going to test this morning, but had to have follow up blood work to check my HcG levels yesterday after my miscarriage at the beginning of the month. If AF doesn't come today I will likely test tomorrow.

Chart attached

So far my favorite things to pass down to my boys have been traditions. Just special family traditions such as "this is what we do Christmas morning" This is your great great grandmother's cookie recipe, this is the Soup Grammie would make me every time I got sick... things like that. I think it connects them to all their relatives, not just my parents.
  • Options

CD/DPO: 31/7

Testing Plans: I have extra hcg strips lying around so dammit I will pee on them starting 10DPO!

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: nothing I can do about the TWW so whatever on that but today the people at my job are pissing me off. Stop being so effing lazy!!!!

The biggest thing my mother taught me was to be independent since she spent the first few years as a single mother to 2 little ones.

That was one of the driving forces that made me pursue medical school. I never want to be totally dependent on someone for my financial freedom.

My mom's side of the family has no clue what it means to be a family and the matriarch of it all would purposely drive siblings apart so one thing I learned from that is to work hard to make sure my LOs understand the importance of family. Luckily, DH's side is much better at it so they'll have a chance to see what it should look like.

Trigger warning in signature...
    Me: 33  DH: 37
    Together since 2010, Married August 2014
    TTC: Off and on since April 2015
    Diagnosis: Severe MFI
    1/15/2017: FET #1, successful. Baby boy delivered via c-section 9/30/17  <3
    1/2/2018: FET #2: BFN  :'(

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

CD/DPO: 25/12-13

Timing: -4, -3, 0, +1

Testing Plans: Still waiting on my husband to get home from his days at work so he can be there where I test...he comes home Saturday night so probably Sunday or Monday with fmu.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: Having the same symptoms as the last few days, sore breasts, wanting to nap all the time, and generally feeling kind of icky in my stomach.

My love of cooking and baking! My mom and both of my grandmas taught me so much and I love having these skills.

From my dad, I'd like to teach our children that practicing is necessary for improvement with anything. He was always so good about helping me practice my sports and putting in the time to help me improve.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you @casey8784!!

CD/DPO: 26/8 or 4

Timing: -4, -3, -1, 0 (both ways, wow!)

Testing Plans: Waiting until 11 DPO when I'm back home. 

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: None of my usual PMS symptoms right now (like sore boobs) that usually happen right after O. Trying not to symptom spot which is easier this cycle because I'm away from home and extremely busy staffing a conference. The only thing is if I take out the two high temps pre dip on on CD 26-7 it moves my O date...so we'll see what happens!  https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5bc238/

My parents really instilled the belief that people's differences should be celebrated and embraced and to purposely engage in conversations with people that are different from you. "There's always something you can learn from someone you don't understand," as Dad would say. I hope to raise children that become both curious and compassionate adults. 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the fingers crossed, ladies!! :)

Still trying to decide if I should test this afternoon or evening; the AC at my office is broken and it's HOT in here so I've been chugging water (and subsequently running to the restroom every 30 minutes!) so I may just wait until tomorrow morning. Also debating if I will tell DH when I see him tonight, or if I will wait till I know definitively...I don't want to get his hopes up too... :-/
  • Options

***warning: possible bfp mentioned****

CD/DPO: 27/9

Testing Plans: see below

S/R/R/CS: so I woke up at 2 am and decided "what the hell" it's close enough (original test date was tomorrow) so I used a FRER and saw a faint faint line! I was all excited and couldn't fall back to sleep right away so I went in my laptop and fell victim to Dr Google and read that many of the newer FRERs with the curvy handle have been giving a lot of false positives? So I go and test again, using a dollar store stick, and that was a definite bfn. So now I'm not sure if the FRER was false or the fact that with the dollar store one it wasn't my fmu...? Or does FRER tests read lower amounts of hcg than dollar store tests?..so I plan on testing again tomorrow morning. I hate waiting...

GTKY: What did you parents teach you that you want to pass down to your LO(s)?
    They instilled a love for travel, a love for reading, a love for learning. They taught me the value of a dollar and to always be respectful. They taught me that I could be whatever I wanted to be, but not the way that some helicopter parents do now with their "speshul snowflykes." My parents made sure I knew to be realistic as well. I would consider myself a great parents even if I was only a fraction as good as my parents were to me!

I took a dollar general $1 test and i got a BFP at 12DPO when a first response didn't pick it up on 10DPO keep testing! The hormone will only get stronger! Good luck!
  • Options
    * past bfp mentioned

Same! @caseyw8784 for reference, with DS I got a bfp 10dpo with a FRER, bfn on dollar store 10 and 11 dpo, then a bfp FRER and dollar store 13dpo I believe (might have been 12). When I looked up the stats online dollar store are definitely less sensitive, so here's hoping that your experience is a sensitivity issue as well!
    I just bought some FRER after reading on here, and saw that they are more sensitive than any other test on the market. It *does* say on the box that you could get a false positive since they read such small amounts of HCG as compared to other tests... but I think there are only a few reasons that you would have hCg in your system other than pregnancy like certain medications, etc. Regardless, good luck and fingers crossed for you!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options

CD/DPO:  25/??

Timing: ??

Testing Plans: Bought some FRER today after reading about them, and might take one tomorrow morning... we have a wedding tomorrow night and I sort of want to check before I get overly happy with the wine.... but it still may be too early. hard to know since I have no clue when (if?) I ovulated.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: I can imagine symptoms all day long haha but nothing very definitive

GTKY: What did your parents teach you that you want to pass down to your LO(s)?: Whoever said family dinners, YES! That's a great one! My mom taught me the importance of kindness and how little things can make a big difference in terms of small acts of kindness to others. My dad taught me to always work hard to be great at what you do. Those are all attributes that I hope my son (and any future children) will learn from me!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    ********ticker warning*********

Lurking... (because I like seeing BFPs!)
    @caseyw8784 I got a (very faint) BFP on an FRER, and an hour later got a negative on an FRER digital. When I tested later that same day on a curved handle FRER it was definitely positive, so I have all the fingers and toes crossed for you!!! I'll be lurking to see if you cave and POAS again!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    BabyIntegersBabyIntegers member
    edited July 2015

CD/DPO: 23/7

Timing: -6, -1

Testing Plans: Waiting until average LP length arrives

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: Cramps this morning and bloating, gone now. Stomach feels tender. This morning, I couldn't take my temp at my usual time because DH rolled over in his sleep and shut off my alarm. I slept right through it. I'm really bummed that I can't obsess on my 7dpo temperature but maybe it's for the best. I took my temp 3.5 hours later than usual. I decided to leave it on my chart with a note even though it was a huge temp spike since FF recommends not discarding and making a note. https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4b0d48

GTKY: What did your parents teach you that you want to pass down to your LO(s)? There are so many incredible things my parents taught me. We are very close. We grew up very poor so I learned that you must work hard and earn your keep. Beauty comes from within. Love is a choice, an action. If you have even one very good friend in life, you did well. Don't ever be afraid of starting over. Nobody has all of their stuff together. Don't ever let anyone bench you and don't kiss any butts to get ahead in life. If you're ever doing anything that hurts someone else's feelings, stop doing it, no matter what it is. You are guilty by association. If you have a friend who cheats on others, steals from others or lies to others, they will do it to you. Always apologize when you have wronged someone and clear your side of the street. Unconditional love and forgiveness. Trust is earned and is verified by someone's actions lining up with their words, over time. Actions speak louder than words. 

As an adult: Do whatever it takes to protect your marriage. Don't befriend women who man bash. Nobody can manipulate you unless you want something from them. 

These are just some I can think of from off the top of my head. 
  • Options
    FX for you, @Caseyw8784!!

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD/DPO: 24/11

Timing: -4, -2, 0, 1

Testing Plans: Tested this morning, BFN. Will test again tomorrow and then wait for AF.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: Had some slight spotting yesterday, but that's about it.

GTKY: What did your parents teach you that you want to pass down to your LO(s)?  Great GTKY question!

My parents divorced before I was even 2 and I don't remember anything about it, but my dad raised my brother and I until I was 12 and then we moved across the country to live with my mom. From my dad, it would be eating together as a family, doing chores to earn spending money, learning to care for animals. The only way I could have pets was to take care of them myself and my dad was really great with teaching me how to do this (feed, water, clean cages, play with them). He was a better mom than my own mom. He even put me through a little 'manners' course where you learn to be a 'proper' girl (dinner table manners, etc, can't remember too much about it). He really tried.

My mom, on the other hand, mostly taught me what I want to pass down by NOT doing it. She never cooked, didn't make us do chores, never helped with our homework, didn't give us curfew (which at the time was great!), didn't really care what we were up to, etc. But she did give me a great appreciation for traveling and sightseeing. We took so many road trips around the country and got to see so many great sights.

What I would pass down from them is teaching our LOs how to care for and appreciate animals, family dinners, chores, and appreciation for travel. My dad also inadvertantly taught me meal planning (he even categorized his grocery list) which I thought was so nerdy at the time, but it makes my life so much easier planning our meals each week.

Me - 33, DH - 33
    Married - May 2014
    DH - Low Count/Motility/Morph - Varicocele vein x 2 - surgery (8/11) - success!
    BFP - 10/10/15, EDD - 6/20/16 - It's a BOY!
    Baby #1 - 6/29/16 - Lucas Christopher, 10 lbs 3 oz, 22.25 inches
    Baby #2 - TTC May 2017
    BFP - 9/10/17, EDD - 5/26/18 - It's a GIRL! - RCS May 22nd

My Chart

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @twomommiestobe I didn't think yours was lame. I think teaching children to appreciate the arts is a wonderful life lesson! :) 
  • Options
    @BabyIntegers Thanks!

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    AEG84AEG84 member
    edited July 2015

CD/DPO: 22 and either 9 DPO or 5 DPO. FF changed it on me yesterday and I'm not really sure which to believe. Normally I O right around day 14, but I had a CP last month so that could be throwing things off.

Timing: If ovulation was earlier date (CD14), then -2,-1,+1...if it was later date of CD18, then -2,-1,0

Testing Plans: Try not to use up all of my cheapie tests, ha. I had already started testing on Wednesday because I was super nauseous Tuesday afternoon. So probably will test once a day or every other - also hoping that if I do get a bfp, it will help pinpoint which O date was correct.

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: Nothing major. Nausea on Tuesday, which may or may not be related. I am newer here so I'm not sure how to attach or link to my chart... [edit: think I figured it out] [edit #2: apparently not :( ]

GTKY: What did your parents teach you that you want to pass down to your LO(s)? Lots of things...but really I would like to pass on a love of reading. DH has 3 kids and neither he or his ex are big readers so the kids haven't really gotten into it and that makes me a little sad. I grew up taking weekly trips to the library during summers and filling up a giant bag of books and I don't ever remember being bored!

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 30/9

Timing: -5, -2, -1

Testing Plans: I wanted to hold out until next week, but I might sneak a test tomorrow morning. XD

Symptoms/Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: I'm on an awful roller coaster of wanting to stay positive, but not wanting to get my hopes up too high. My symptoms seem good, but I don't me enough to say I'm not fitting the data to my expectations... Argh! 

My mother taught me that kindness was something of which to be proud; that doing something nice for someone else is worth all the time and effort otherwise spent.

Can anyone tell me how they do the thumbnail link to their charts?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Me: 26, DH: 31
    Married: August 13, 2011
    Due Date: June 15, 2017
    Fur Babies: Remi (Labrador, 9) and Brutus (Pug, 4)