July 2015 Moms
Options

C-section glue?

Hi all,
I had a c-section 4 weeks ago Tuesday. Everything went well and as I understand it, the doctor used only stitches and glue. My question is about the glue. How long should it take before the glue goes away? My discharge papers told me not to wash the incision, but it's okay to take showers and let water run over the area. Just wondering how long it takes for the glue to disappear?

Re: C-section glue?

• Options
    I had a CS July 6. The glue is still there. I'm tempted to pick at it but I don't have any stitches. Just glue and I am scared it will cause it to pull the scab off and bleed if I pick at the glue so it can come off in its own.
  • Options
    I had a c section last week. Not sure if Dr used glue but I have steri strips (basically tape) over the incision. I had a one week check up yesterday. They said to just let them come off on its own. I was also told to wash the area with a mild soap. If you're unsure just call the dr office and ask!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a c section June 29th so 4 and a half weeks ago and my glue is still on. I wipe the glue gently after a shower when it is soft and pieces start coming off. My first c section was the same way so it's pretty normal.
  • Options
    I had a csection 3 weeks ago, and at my 2 week check up I was told I could start picking it off if it's starting to peel off on its own. I've already have about half of it off,
  • Options
    I also had mine 3 weeks ago. Part of mine had actually already came off on its own after a week and a half and at my incision check this past Tuesday was told it was perfectly fine to peel he rest off. It looks completely healed except the end where they closed it. A small stitch is sticking out and seems to be taking longer to heal in that area. He said he would fix it at my six week appointment.