Infertility
Options

Progesterone Side Effects

i had an iui this month and I'm not on progesterone 200 mg twice a day. I am exhausted! Anyone else experience this??

Re: Progesterone Side Effects

• Options
    I felt that way the first two days or so. After, either that was my new normal or I just got used to it. Progesterone isn't all that fun, especially if you're taking the suppository kind...Hang in there, hopefully, it'll all be worth it!
  • Options
    Yep, I am right there with you. I just don't like it. But, I agree with @KidShrink I have gotten used to it. I have the suppository kind and it is uncomfortable. I change my underwear 3xs a day it feels like - blah!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Its pretty gross! Not to mention I feel like a whale!
  • Options
    Preach. I feel like a huge whale too, but I am still going to get some time in the sun today...hope I don't get harpooned! 
  • Options
  • Options
    I haven't been tired from the progesterone. I'm taking the intramuscular injections and my butt is so sore!! Wahh lol
    Married since 2013, TTC since 2/2014
    Me : 32 with DOR 
     DH: 35 with 0% morphology 

History:  
    IVF #1 with ICSI 2/15- Banked 3 embryos
    IVF #2 with ICSI 3/15: Banked 2 embryos
    IVF #3 with ICSI 4/15: Banked 1 embryo
    IVF #4 with ICSI 6/15: Banked 1 embryo
    FET #1: 7/25: Waiting for Beta results 

• Options
    @welovehawaii I only have had 1 intramuscular injection per month so far and it is sore. Are you doing them daily? Wowzers! I feel for you!!!
  • Options
    @AMT&THC yes, I am doing them daily! I have to do them everyday until I am like 12 weeks pregnant I think (FX). I started a week before my transfer so it has only been a little over a week. I will not be able to feel my butt soon lol.

History:  

• Options
    I had the suppositories and they made me constipated, ugh!! And I broke out. Lovely. LOL
  • Options
    Anyone have symptoms that then kind of went away? I'm on progesterone suppositories (Crinone Gel) It's been almost two weeks since ei started..last week I was gassy and bloated at times but that hasn't been as bad this week.  Is this normal to have some symptoms and then them go away?? Is my body just adjusting to it?
  • Options
    @rachlee2010 : I had fatigue the first few days and then I was better, so I'd say I got used to it. It's been a few months since I've used it, so I don't remember constipation, although given my endometriosis, I probably would have attributed constipation to that.
  • Options
    I am also doing progesterone shots intramuscular and I have had some constipation, bloating and am extremely gassy also. The only thing that helps is a fiber supplement for the constipation but the bloating and gas I have yet to find anything that helps.

@welovehawaii for the shots my butt was also sore and my nurse told me we were doing them too low. Every since we started doing them higher up its not as painful. I used to not be able to sit but not anymore. Have you also tried warming the progesterone either between your thighs or in a heating pad for a minute or two?
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm on 3 times a day progesterone suppositories and they are gross. I'm constantly changing my panties, go through like 10 panty liners a day, I feel tired at like noon even though I'm just laying around, I can cry at any moment, and it makes me break out all over my face!!!
  • Options
    @Isabelfuentes2015 I guess that is one good thing about getting AF....no more progesterone! I am sorry it's so bad for you. It's bad for me too!! 
  • Options
    If you're taking progesterone and you're not pregnant can it delay af?? Do certain brands/types of progesterone delay it more than others?
  • Options
    FatPonyFatPony member
    edited July 2015
    Omg, I had totally forgotten about the progesterone suppositories. Yuck, they were so gross!!!!! I did not seem to have any side effects though. Clomid, on the other hand.......
  • Options
    @MKLEWIS2010 thanks! I will try doing it higher tonight! Yes, I've been warming it up on the heating pad. It makes it so much easier to inject!

History:  

• Options
    MKLEWIS2010MKLEWIS2010 member
    edited August 2015
    @welovehawaii You should also have your doctor of nurse draw a circle on where to do it. she said some parts are more sensitive because of the nerves running through that area. Here is a picture to help that's where i do mine.

Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much @MKLEWIS2010 ! I'm going to ask the nurse when I go in for my beta on Monday!

History:  

• Options
    I hated the injections!! I was always so sore, even doing ice before and heat after. I'm doing the suppositories now and they are so gross! Do they make anyone else sick to their stomach? Not bad, just a little icky.
  • Options
    @Erinann I haven't started the suppositories yet. I think those start after a positive pregnancy test. They are in my bag, but wasn't told to use them yet.

History:  

• Options
    @rachlee2010 yes, the progesterone is delaying AF. My RE is controlling my cycle just in case I have to go directly into a second stim round. It all depends on how many of my embryos make it to day 5. Either way my last progesterone suppository day is Monday.