February 2016 Moms

Re: TP Thursday 7/30

• TP insomnia! I can't remember the last time I had a full night sleep.

• Omg I've been up since 2am. Luckily I can sleep later (not working) but what the heck
  • Loading the player...
  • TP rude people! The lady I baby sit for (dh's cousin) told me she'd be at my house to drop off her girls at 6:30 this morning. 6:30 rolls by and I get a text saying "never mind I meant 7:30". That's a whole hour I could have slept longer for!! THEN 7:45 comes and she's late dropping them off.

Also TP to my DH for setting 50 alarms when he had no intention on getting up for a single one of them. Why do people keep stealing my sleep!!!!
  • willkcwillkc member
    TP to my bladder for not letting me sleep through the night. After I wake up to pee it takes me hours to get back to sleep. I just want one full night of sleep.
  • Ahhh I'm TP TB app!! Yesterday it was all screwy and wouldn't let me post at all! :( so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it this morning and it works again. :)
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• TP to technology. It is not on my side today. Took my work laptop FOREVER to get up and moving this morning which set me back on a busy day.

Then THEN it decides to go haywire in the middle of my boss' boss instant messaging me. It typed all these random characters to him. I had to reboot and to call and apologize and let him know that I promise im not looney and that I don't usually type nonsensical stuff to important people in the company. lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker

September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall:
  • TP to my bladder. Wake up exactly 1 hour before my alarm goes off in the morning because I'm going to burst.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • TP to the janitor who keeps locking the only restroom on this floor. . . and I'm still dealing with ms. Thanks, I'd rather not barf in a trashcan in front of my students.
  • TP to my sister constantly pawning off her children. She has four children and she's never with them. Tonight I get to watch her little one while she's out doing whatever it is that she wants to do. Her oldest is with grandma and the other two are with the other grandma. She goes out all the time and has family members watch her children. Also, she's been looking at dogs and thinking about having another child. Ummm you have four children you don't need a dog or another kid you don't plan on raising.
  • Also TP to my DH for setting 50 alarms when he had no intention on getting up for a single one of them. Why do people keep stealing my sleep!!!!

THIS
  • @Jilmce19 I used to work in a pharmacy and I feel your pain. The truth is your probably not even being a little bit sarcastic about what you have dealt with today! People treat the pharmacy as a second customer service. Also, patients of any pharmacy think you have nothing going on besides helping them and that couldn't be more false. Just because you are the only person standing in front of me doesn't make you the only person I'm helping I am helping 15+ people besides you. Ugh I could vent forever about the pharmacy world! Unless you have been there you really don't understand! Best of luck to you!!!
  • Jilmce19 said:
    TP to every single person that has walked into my pharmacy today. No, I can not look up your insurance info without your card, I do not know why your copay went up, I do not know why your prescription was sent to the pharmacy across the street instead of here, I can't not make your doctor authorize your refills, I do not know if we carry the correct sized wiper blades for your truck, I do not know which little white pill you are out of as you have 6 little white pills in your file that all should have run out months ago, I am not a notary, nor can I give you directions to the post office as I have not the faintest idea of where it is, I am very sorry that it is incredibly inconvenient for you to pull out your license every time you buy Sudafed, but you should really take that up with a member of the federal government instead of yelling obscenities at me...and, most importantly: I do not know what is causing the rash on your groin and NO, I DO NOT WANT TO SEE IT! I want to go home.
    We had an elderly gentleman (using that term very lightly) came into the pharmacy and began berating the pharmacy tech because one of his pills didn't dissolve and he wanted a refund. Just for funsies, he brought in his "proof" that the pill didn't dissolve in the form of a grocery bag full of his poo which he then proceeded to dump out on the counter and dig through until he found the pill.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Jilmce19 said:
    TP to every single person that has walked into my pharmacy today. No, I can not look up your insurance info without your card, I do not know why your copay went up, I do not know why your prescription was sent to the pharmacy across the street instead of here, I can't not make your doctor authorize your refills, I do not know if we carry the correct sized wiper blades for your truck, I do not know which little white pill you are out of as you have 6 little white pills in your file that all should have run out months ago, I am not a notary, nor can I give you directions to the post office as I have not the faintest idea of where it is, I am very sorry that it is incredibly inconvenient for you to pull out your license every time you buy Sudafed, but you should really take that up with a member of the federal government instead of yelling obscenities at me...and, most importantly: I do not know what is causing the rash on your groin and NO, I DO NOT WANT TO SEE IT! I want to go home.
    DH is a pharmacist. I LOL'd at this because he has shared every single one of these complaints. He gets particularly annoyed when he tells them it will be 15 minutes and they act all huffy because "But it's right there on the shelf." Um, yeah, there's a process. And you're also not the only customer in the world. I know for the most part they are wonderful and but there are always special snowflakes. His other favorite is when they ask a question starting with, "I know you're not a doctor, but..." Well, actually he is a doctor. Such a weird thing to say to someone.

• g8trkim said:
    Jilmce19 said:
    We had an elderly gentleman (using that term very lightly) came into the pharmacy and began berating the pharmacy tech because one of his pills didn't dissolve and he wanted a refund. Just for funsies, he brought in his "proof" that the pill didn't dissolve in the form of a grocery bag full of his poo which he then proceeded to dump out on the counter and dig through until he found the pill.
    Oh my! DH had a patient ask for a syringe (like the kind you use for liquid medicine for kids) to take her yogurt. Um, yeah she heard yogurt was good for yeast infections but thought that meant you put it directly into your lady parts. HAHAHA!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • g8trkim said:
    Jilmce19 said:
    Oh my! DH had a patient ask for a syringe (like the kind you use for liquid medicine for kids) to take her yogurt. Um, yeah she heard yogurt was good for yeast infections but thought that meant you put it directly into your lady parts. HAHAHA!
    Please tell me she was going to use peach or strawberry.

• @tooba22 I think I love you for feeling my pain! Usually it's somewhat amusing; today I want to scream at everyone for their lack of common sense.
  • g8trkim said:

Jilmce19 said:

TP to every single person that has walked into my pharmacy today. No, I can not look up your insurance info without your card, I do not know why your copay went up, I do not know why your prescription was sent to the pharmacy across the street instead of here, I can't not make your doctor authorize your refills, I do not know if we carry the correct sized wiper blades for your truck, I do not know which little white pill you are out of as you have 6 little white pills in your file that all should have run out months ago, I am not a notary, nor can I give you directions to the post office as I have not the faintest idea of where it is, I am very sorry that it is incredibly inconvenient for you to pull out your license every time you buy Sudafed, but you should really take that up with a member of the federal government instead of yelling obscenities at me...and, most importantly: I do not know what is causing the rash on your groin and NO, I DO NOT WANT TO SEE IT!

I want to go home.

You can't make this sh*t up!
  • Tp my cat (even though j would never really!)
    I left the blankets all wadded up on the bed because he was sleeping on them and then of course from the other room I hear barfing! He puked on both the blankets AND the quilt :-& X(

Our washer in our rental is so tiny AND the barf makes me nauseated! Gah
  • wisco29 said:
    Tp my cat (even though j would never really!) I left the blankets all wadded up on the bed because he was sleeping on them and then of course from the other room I hear barfing! He puked on both the blankets AND the quilt :-& X( Our washer in our rental is so tiny AND the barf makes me nauseated! Gah
    That really is one of the worst sounds in the world.

• wisco29 said:

Tp my cat (even though j would never really!)
    I left the blankets all wadded up on the bed because he was sleeping on them and then of course from the other room I hear barfing! He puked on both the blankets AND the quilt :-& X(

It's worse when it's in the motn... You wake up rapidly trying to make sure the cat is not on the bed! So I guess at least it happened in the middle of the day and on something I can wash sort of easily.
  • TP to everything on my baby registry for constantly changing price . . . I try to shop around to find the lowest price for what I want and then two days later the price changes! Ugh!
  • wisco29 said:

wisco29 said:

It's worse when it's in the motn... You wake up rapidly trying to make sure the cat is not on the bed! So I guess at least it happened in the middle of the day and on something I can wash sort of easily.

I have caught husky puke in my hands in the middle of the night because he didn't jump off the bed. Thanks dude.
    BabyFetus Ticker

F16 Sep Siggy Challange - Fav Thing About Fall (even though "fall" won't be here until at least Dec)
    Green Bay animated GIF
  • bredoll said:
    I have caught husky puke in my hands in the middle of the night because he didn't jump off the bed. Thanks dude.
    That visual has me feeling the need to catch my own puke somewhere.   :-&

• TP to my Diabetes. It's being evil and unpredictable today! And now I want sweet potatoes for supper.
  • hlmdeckhlmdeck member
    edited July 2015
    bredoll said:

wisco29 said:

wisco29 said:

...and they say pets don't prepare us for kids...

(I know its completely differnet but at least we're semi prepared for puke and poop!)
  • hlmdeck said:

bredoll said:

wisco29 said:

wisco29 said:

...and they say pets don't prepare us for kids...

(I know its completely differnet but at least we're semi prepared for puke and poop!)

I'm just saying...picking up dog poop on a hot Texas afternoon has prepared me for pretty much any smell I can encounter
  • TP to my mother. We are team green and last time we let everyone know our first name (nickname really) pick either way. This time, we're really struggling to come up with names and while I'm sure all the family means well, I just don't want to hear their crap suggestions. Well, my mom of all people starts a rant about how I NEED to name this baby after her boy or girl. Sorry but no! Why would I name my child after a woman who will never be around for them? That's just stupid. I'm more likely to name them after my stepmom because at least they will actually know her... Anyway, even after telling her (as politely as possible) that I wasn't really feeling the name and when we came up with something we would let our family know (we sooooooo won't), she still ranted for 30 minutes about how "unfair" it was that we wouldn't even consider...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • TP to wildfires in the area making the air quality horrific. Also, TP to wildfires in general. :(
  • TP to my mother. We are team green and last time we let everyone know our first name (nickname really) pick either way. This time, we're really struggling to come up with names and while I'm sure all the family means well, I just don't want to hear their crap suggestions. Well, my mom of all people starts a rant about how I NEED to name this baby after her boy or girl. Sorry but no! Why would I name my child after a woman who will never be around for them? That's just stupid. I'm more likely to name them after my stepmom because at least they will actually know her... Anyway, even after telling her (as politely as possible) that I wasn't really feeling the name and when we came up with something we would let our family know (we sooooooo won't), she still ranted for 30 minutes about how "unfair" it was that we wouldn't even consider...
    I always find it shocking when I hear people say this. I couldn't imagine even suggesting someone name their kid after me. MIL tried to do this with SIL. It was uncomfortable to watch. Sorry you're dealing with this.

• @Jilmce19 I do not miss for one second prior authorizations, insurance companies, people bitching at me because I need their ID for Sudafed, not getting lunch (most days), people showing you their fungus that now a year later and inflamed they want to suddenly take care of immediately. Explaining to people that I have to order the brand name they requested because the generic has been on the market for 20+years and the likely hood of their insurance covering it is going to be a joke in its own right. Be nice to your pharmacist/tech you just never know when they are going to snap. It's not our job to know where the peanut butter is or that special fancy cheese that is on your grocery list. Interrupting our job to let you know where the tooth paste is could potentially kill somebody. Even if we don't look "busy" trust me we are! We are busy filling a RX for a cancer patient, calling the DR to verify the dose on your child's RX because the dose the dr wrote is lethal or not legible at all, we are on the phone will an insurance company arguing with them to pay for your grandparents RX. There is a reason we ask for 15 minutes (to add you into the system (if needed), to update insurance information (just because you gave it to me 5 years ago doesn't mean I don't need to see the card today insurance changes EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!!), type out the RX and depending on your asshole dr call their office if he didn't learn how to write in college, find the medication count it out, double count it, check RX against the bottle to verify, check drug allergies... There is a reason it takes 15 mins sometimes longer and you standing in front of me is only going to make me go slower. GOD I feel your pain I wouldn't be able to work in a pharmacy with these pregnancy hormones I would kill somebody!
  • g8trkim said:
    I always find it shocking when I hear people say this. I couldn't imagine even suggesting someone name their kid after me. MIL tried to do this with SIL. It was uncomfortable to watch. Sorry you're dealing with this.

One of the things that makes me mad about it is I actually would consider my stepmom's middle name if it weren't so close to my mom's middle name. My stepmom's middle is Lynnett and my mom's middle is Lynn. I don't want her to even think that we were close to naming after her. I know that sounds aweful.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers