March 2016 Moms
Options

We are going to be mamas in March! Introduction

Hello expecting mamas! I am new to the March board and wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I am 38 years old, my husband and I have been TTC for 3 years now. We were told by a well know OBGYN on SOCAL that they have no idea why we couldn't conceive as we both are extremely healthy and all tests came back fine. They labeled me as one of the 20% women that has unexplained infertility. He suggest IVF next.

Some of you may known IVF is soooooo expensive and not guaranteed. Well, my oldest sister reminded me that she did Acupunture which helped her conceive. So being as healthy and holistic we decided to give it a try. One month of treatments along with dr.s specific food suggestions, vitamins and sex positions we were excited to have a positive outcome. Then....while I was traveling the cramping came on, sigh, we did not conceive.

As soon as I returned from overseas I went back to one more treatment followed the same regimen from the previous month and now I am 6 weeks pregnant! Yay!!!!!

I am very excited for this board because I am really eager to tell my family the exciting news (I know better to wait), but at least I have you all who can relate.

Has anyone else conceived with Acupunture?

Thank you all and hope to hear from you! Congrats again!!

Re: We are going to be mamas in March! Introduction

• Options
    Congratulations, and welcome! I haven't tried acupuncture, and would love to for my morning sickness, but my insurance doesn't cover it. :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    Congrats! I did acupuncture once a couple years ago for back pain, and noticed the office had lots of baby pics on the walls and people saying "thank you" for helping them have the babies! I don't know how it could work but I do believe it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RTGJBGRTGJBG member
    Our insurance doesn't cover it either, but we felt it was a lot less expensive than IVF. We were willing to try. It also helps with my stress.

Thanks for all the wishes and feedback! Crossing fingers all 10 wk tests come back +.
  • Options
    Congrats!! We considered it when it took us 2.5 years to conceive our first, but it didn't go much farther than thought. What worked for us was Fertilitea. We did 6 months of Clomid/Femara and that didn't work. I drank Fertilitea for two cycles, got pregnant the second cycle, but that one ended in a mc at 6 weeks. I drank the tea again and got pregnant on the second cycle again. I absolutely attribute my daughter to that tea. After 2.5 years of nothing, getting pregnant twice in 3 months was awesome.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote