January 2016 Moms

What are you enjoying about being pregnant?

We all have complaints about being pregnant, but what are some of the positives?

I have enjoyed no period with mind-numbing cramps.
BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!

Re: What are you enjoying about being pregnant?

• I second the no periods!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • cawalpcawalp member
    I love not doing the dishes. Just being in the kitchen makes me nauseous so hubby has been trying to do the dishes when he feels like it (never) and he finally realizes what I used to do for him around the house everyday.
  • 6240662406 member
    DH has also taken over cleaning the bathroom because he doesn't want me to be around the chemicals, even though we use Method products. I'll take the break.
    BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • All the extra attention and of course no periods!!!!
  • Honestly? Mostly just the positive attention from friends and family! And it's nice having an excuse other than being picky for wanting to eat pasta for dinner every night, DH hasn't complained about my eating habits and lack of cooking since becoming pregnant.

My periods were always a breeze so that's honestly not a big deal for me...in fact my periods were painless and pregnancy has come with the first cramps of my life, so I'd trade that, lol.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • No period
    Ta-tas
    Extra infatuation from my hubs due to the ta-tas
    Snack, snacks and more snacks
    Shopping/scoring deals on things for our LO
    Dreaming of what it will be like to have a DS/DD
  • Having an excuse to nap, planning a nursery, and definitely getting out of dinner duty. I've always been good about cooking (especially in the summer when I'm off) but food prep made me really nauseous in the first couple months and I've been taking my sweet time easing back into it!
  • This is my second pregnancy and it is WAY harder and different then the first, so not a ton of positives. The only one so far is we moved in mid-July and I got out of the actual moving thanks to the weight limits!
  • I always said that I hoped when I became pregnant, I'd be a happy pregnant lady who enjoyed it.  So far, I think I am that gal.  I have been in a really good mood throughout this whole time, so far.  A few emotional roller coaster moments, but for the most part, It has been enjoyable.  Now that I am starting to show, it's great to get to talk about LO with people, and not because I'm the one bringing it up.  No periods are a plus, and DH has been getting more and more excited for this baby each day, I can tell.  Not having to change the kitty liter box, is def. a plus too, lol. 
  • roziekroziek member
    Food, mainly carbs and sweet treats... no periods...starting to think of baby stuff has me pretty excited :)
  • Same boat as no periods & cramps I haven't really had a rough pregnancy though no m/s so I would really have to go with SO doing a lot of stuff for me down side to that though he watches everything I eat ugh it's not all bad though.
  • I know I'm only almost 16 weeks but I've been thinking I could feel it for a few days and last night convinced me. I can feel the baby! It feels like the lightest tapping a few inches below my belly button. I kind of love it. A lot. I've also not been sick except for a few moments of nausea and really have had no problems. Overall I'm a very happy pregnant lady.
    @willashbaby That's how it felt for me too! I started feeling it around that time also...but then last night it was stronger and felt like they were tumbling around even which convinced me that I was actually feeling it. So cool isn't it? :)
  • Ever since 14 weeks, I've enjoyed my pregnancy as a whole. I love my little bump, and feeling this nugget occasionally thump in there.
    Love: 5/2004
    Marriage: 4/2008
    Baby Carriage #1: 5/2012
    Baby Carriage #2: 1/2016

• I love all of these !!! @BabyRut2015 letting the belly hang out is probably my favorite !!!

I just am so happy to have these two little loves growing inside of me I love it all- even the bad stuff is worth it. I love getting to see them grow in the ultrasounds, and every week is a milestone. I also love obsessing with Pinterest for baby stuff all day. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I totally agree on the no kitty litter and not having to worry about sucking the belly in!  I think my favorite is feeling movement.  It's such a sweet thing and since this is probably my last I'm cherishing every one I feel :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can't wait to start feeling movement... 15 weeks and 4 days and I don't feel anything yet :(. Well, besides baby sitting on my bladder ;).
  • This is my second pregnancy and has been a lot worse than my first - blah... But I love getting babied. I'm usually the one who doesn't get a nap in on weekends when the boys nap, I'm the one tickling the arms/legs til my son (& my husband) fall asleep... Cleaning house.. Giving baths, everything else a mom does .. Not lately.. My husband has been treating me like a little princess and I'm taking full advantage .. Being sick is worth it when I get to have Netflix marathons on Saturdays!!!
  • maeg66maeg66 member
    No periods, not changing the cat box, not taking the garbage out, not cleaning the ferret cage, not needing to take birth control, hubby leaving the room to spray his cologne on so I don't have to suffocate with the smell. The list can go on! :D
  • The sex has been great! I find I get even more pleasure so that's a bonus!

Also I love planning things on Pinterest! Just looking at different baby stuff is pretty fun!
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • EC2016EC2016 member
    I like feeling connected with other moms and just being excited.
    It's also nice to pass on the cat box duty.
  • Feeling the baby move by far is #1! I'm also loving my extra long fingernails. 
    TTC my #1 with PCOS since June 2010.
    Countless Clomid&Femara Cycles.
    Feb. 2014-April 2015=AF arrived on time. 
    EDD: January 14, 2016. Finally.image
    Expecting One Healthy Baby Girl!!!
  • Love having boobs and no period!! By far the best haha and then every time I get to see LO on an ultrasound. This past Wednesday we found out what we are having and got to see it 4D as well and I was watching it yawn and flip around! Soooo amazing. Next on my list of fun is the nursery, I'm soooo excited to decorate!
  • No kitty litter.
    Not having to suck in my belly.
    My fingernails not breaking.
    Buying baby clothes and decorating.
    My husband kissing my belly and telling the baby goodnight and to be nice to her mommy every night. :-)
    Guilt free napping.
    Getting to buy new clothes.
    I thought I might have felt her move last night (I'm 17 wks tomorrow) but I'm not certain. I've felt weird feelings like that before being pregnant.

I'm not a fan of extra attention (major introvert) but it is nice to have an easy topic of conversation if needed.
  • @TinyDancer51510 I love that you wrote having a topic of conversation - never thought about it but so true!

For me- that I was able to get pregnant - although I wasn't ready to start trying, doctors had said it would be a long road because of my endometriosis, PCOS and autoimmune - I think this would have been so tough on my marriage

And as everyone else has said - no periods. My periods were terrible, every other month, I would throw up for 2 days straight, have to miss work, and it was 50/50 whether I would have to go to the ER for fluids. Oddly (but thankfully) I haven't had nausea since becoming pregnant.