April 2015 Moms

Back at work blues

borgie05borgie05 member
edited July 2015 in April 2015 Moms
Half way through week 3 back at work and I thought this was supposed to get easier. Little by little it's getting harder and harder. I hate being at work and not at home with my bubs. I feel like I'm missing out on a ton. My hubby is home with him during the day since his work is flexible and while I should be happy that we don't have to put our little man in daycare, I can't help but feel insanely jealous and depressed while I'm away. Unfortunately being a SAHM isn't in the cards financially for me at the moment, although I'm working really hard to be able to. I'm looking for something that will allow me to work from home that also provides health benefits (I'm the one providing the insurance for our family currently, hubs is contracting), although so far no luck.

Anyone else in the same boat??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Back at work blues

• Tia TorelloTia Torello member
    edited July 2015
    I feel your pain! I am going back to work in a few weeks and I am sick to my stomach about it! I wish more than anything I could stay home with our son but like you, I carry the health insurance because my husband is self employed. I wish there were another way or that I could stay home longer!
  • Awww Tia, yeah it's rough. I find that having my husband send lots of pictures throughout the day helps, although it would be so much better being at home. My husband is pretty awesome and said he would be happy to work a second job that provides benefits if I do the job hunting for him. My only worry with that is that then he wouldn't get any time with our son, but it was nice of him to offer since he knows I'm having such a hard time. I'm just going to keep looking for work from home options because I think it's important for him to have time with our son too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Just be Happy he is with your husband. I had to put my sweet boy in daycare this week and it was horrible!! I feel like he was traumatized
  • Same I'm not even a full two weeks back yet and already called out twice and gone home early! It's already so hard everyone at my work can see it all over my face as well so quitting is now in the talks with the husband just gonna see how much longer I can last. I have this "I can do it all" mentality but reality is setting in and baby is most important! I hope it gets easier!
  • borgie05borgie05 member
    edited July 2015
    Oh I am grateful he is with my husband, don't get me wrong. It's just that I miss him and am having the whole separation anxiety myself... so it's more of a selfish thing lol. I don't think I am cut out for being a working mom. Don't have a choice at the moment, but hopefully I can at least find a way to work from home or something soon.

Hehe I already called out once too! Haven't been brave enough to ask to leave early. Some of my colleagues complained a lot about my attendance (thanks to dr's appointments and not feeling great and little emergencies that came up) when I was pregnant so I feel l'm walking on egg shells now that I'm back. They have never had anyone pregnant on the team before, so I don't think they quite understood that baby's health comes first. They definitely made things stressful on me during those last few months.