Philadelphia Babies

Due date around the papal visit — how are you managing?

Hi, all! I'm Emily Guendelsberger, a reporter for Philadelphia City Paper. I'm working on a piece for next week about women planning on giving birth in Philly whose due dates are around the time of the Pope's visit — September 26-27. It's going to be really crazy with the transportation, and an initial Facebook trawl yielded this rather wild second-hand information: 

My coworker's baby is due when the Pope is here, and she lives inside the "security perimeter" where no buses (and maybe no cars?) will be running. She's concerned to say the least. The hospital told her she may have to walk across one of the bridges to the hospital if she goes into labor.

I haven't been able to get that person's coworker on the phone yet, but I'm wondering how widespread this sort of thing is. 

If this applies to you, I'd love to hear from you! What are you doing? How are you planning for this? What have you been told by people? 

My email is emilyg@citypaper.net; my cell is 215-327-6736. Please feel free to contact me via either one! Thanks!

Re: Due date around the papal visit — how are you managing?