January 2016 Moms
Options

W-T-F Wednesday

what's bothering you today?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: W-T-F Wednesday

• Options

My SO. I was making a cup of coffee in our keurig and half way through making the cup it ran out of water.

I was telling my SO this and he kept saying no, your wrong, it never fills the mug all the way... I told him it fills more than a quarter of the way and he cut me off and said "YES MASTER. You are totally and completely right master."

That totally pissed me off and I stormed out of the house, with no coffee. :(

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

This happened a few days ago, but it's still on my nerves.

My FIL and his girlfriend were in the kitchen with us (we live in the same building and share a kitchen). We weren't planning on telling HER about the baby anytime soon. I just didn't want her negativity or comments. I get enough of that about my toddler. With her standing RIGHT THERE, my FIL turns to my SO and asks "So, are you going to tell her your news?" It's not like we can avoid it forever, but seriously? It's OUR news for a reason. We're moving out soon and I will be avoiding her like the plague until the holiday season, so I was hoping to just pop in 7 months pregnant and that be the end of discussion. She's one of those "classy" ladies that offers totally ridiculous "advice" and expects everyone to jump. I wasn't telling her because I didn't want to hear what opinions came spewing out of her mouth and I half expected her to offer advice to get an abortion since we have a toddler.

Like, I said, it was a few days ago, and the cat's out of the bag now, but it still really irks me that it was brought up like that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The air conditioning in my office is not working for the second Day on a row, never mind it is 103 outside before the heat index and I am on the second floor no windows. I told my boss this morning if it's not fixed by the time I leave for lunch I'm leaving. Not a fun day!!!!
  • Options
    @anniyas What did she say??
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

I woke up STOKED to eat my kashi cereal. Stroll into the kitchen, grab my bowl, pour my cereal and....crumbs fall out :((

• Options
    anniyas said:

This happened a few days ago, but it's still on my nerves.

My FIL and his girlfriend were in the kitchen with us (we live in the same building and share a kitchen). We weren't planning on telling HER about the baby anytime soon. I just didn't want her negativity or comments. I get enough of that about my toddler. With her standing RIGHT THERE, my FIL turns to my SO and asks "So, are you going to tell her your news?" It's not like we can avoid it forever, but seriously? It's OUR news for a reason. We're moving out soon and I will be avoiding her like the plague until the holiday season, so I was hoping to just pop in 7 months pregnant and that be the end of discussion. She's one of those "classy" ladies that offers totally ridiculous "advice" and expects everyone to jump. I wasn't telling her because I didn't want to hear what opinions came spewing out of her mouth and I half expected her to offer advice to get an abortion since we have a toddler.

Like, I said, it was a few days ago, and the cat's out of the bag now, but it still really irks me that it was brought up like that.

I HATE it when people use the "so..." line. My MIL did it to us at dinner when we were intending to tell everyone anyway but just the way she did it. So annoying.

• Options
    kayyyy13 said:

My SO. I was making a cup of coffee in our keurig and half way through making the cup it ran out of water.

I was telling my SO this and he kept saying no, your wrong, it never fills the mug all the way... I told him it fills more than a quarter of the way and he cut me off and said "YES MASTER. You are totally and completely right master."

That totally pissed me off and I stormed out of the house, with no coffee. :(

This happens to us all the time. I don't know why it happens or how to fix it. It will just randomly start working again.

• Options
    Wtf-
    People who drive 45mph down the effing highway
    My cousin who is running an hour and a half late to go to the pool. Sitting in the car with DD asleep waiting for her X(
  • Options
    I wake up around 4-4:30 every morning and that's best case scenario if I sleep through the night. It's been like this since around 8 weeks or so. Seriously? I never had issue's sleeping and don't have to wake up till 6:15! I would love to enjoy my sleep until baby comes, but my bodies like Ha! You need practice....
  • Options
    My arch nemesis at work just came into my office and said congratulations! I just heard.  I thought you were pregnant because you were really looking like it but I didnt want to say anything until I knew for sure. Im only 16 weeks, and def not showing yet.  So thanks for basically just telling me I gained weight!! 
    TTC since June 2014
    BFP: 5/5/15
    First baby due date: 1/14/16

• Options
    Got blood drawn today and the lady totally screwed it up. She started on my left arm and somehow managed to yank the needle out and get blood everywhere (it didn't hurt so I'm not complaining too much). Then she had to go in on my right arm because she hadn't gotten the whole vial filled. I mean WTF?!?! She does this all day every day for a living! Now my right arm is bruised... Boo!
  • Options
    Wtf to this weather. Next two days at 100. I cannot function in this weather.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mama to one girl: born 12/2009. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @bdamico123 I'd just ask her when she's going to announce.
  • Options
    Cricket99 said:

Got blood drawn today and the lady totally screwed it up. She started on my left arm and somehow managed to yank the needle out and get blood everywhere (it didn't hurt so I'm not complaining too much). Then she had to go in on my right arm because she hadn't gotten the whole vial filled. I mean WTF?!?! She does this all day every day for a living! Now my right arm is bruised... Boo!

OMG both of my arms are bruised from blood draws, too! I mean, I know you bruise a bit easier during pregnancy but these ones HURT! Wtf?!
  • Options
    Ripped a pair of pants yesterday. Was the last pair that relatively fit. WTF! Made me feel supper awesome about my weight gain. Keep telling myself it's bloating and a growing baby. Lol.
  • Options
    These headaches are my WTF. Every freaking day! My doctor said my headaches might get better when I got pregnant but no. The only saving grace is I haven't gotten a migraine yet.
  • Options
    My stepmom unfriended me on facebook and blocked my other sister. What a psycho b*@T&! I hardly even see her. Don't know what her issue is. She is still going to my sisters wedding this weekend.....?!?Weird
  • Options
    This was going to be mine too. We live in Oregon not Florida. WHAT THE CRAP?! 
    Me:28 DH:35
    Married: 7.23.11
    DD:10.17.12
    EDD #2!:1.17.16 

• Options
    Lljbean said:
    This was going to be mine too. We live in Oregon not Florida. WHAT THE CRAP?! 
    took the wtf right out of my mouth ladies.

Heat makes me sluggish. Humidity makes me want to dissolve into a slug puddle.
  • Options
    @MrsB915 When it does that to me, I highlight and copy what I wrote, refresh the screen and paste it in. Works like a charm.
  • Options
    MommaB16MommaB16 member
    edited July 2015

Wtf, yesterday I grocery shopped. I literally put only disgusting crap in the cart - that I am totally pregnancy craving! Pop tarts, chips and top the tater, pop, fruit snacks, etc...
    I did buy strawberries, only because my 1 yr old was pointing and grunting for them... Seriously, who eats like this!?!

Thank you for not making me feel alone, and disgusting, and ashamed!! I'm eating things I don't like, almost everything I'm eating is processed :0 I never ever ate like this before. And yesterday I almost bought pop tarts too but after standing there for probably a whole minute just staring I walked away... I already had jars of queso in my cart :/ Baby, this has gone too far.
  • Options
    MommaB16 said:

Wtf, yesterday I grocery shopped. I literally put only disgusting crap in the cart - that I am totally pregnancy craving! Pop tarts, chips and top the tater, pop, fruit snacks, etc...
    I did buy strawberries, only because my 1 yr old was pointing and grunting for them... Seriously, who eats like this!?!

Thank you for not making me feel alone, and disgusting, and ashamed!! I'm eating things I don't like, almost everything I'm eating is processed :0 I never ever ate like this before. And yesterday I almost bought pop tarts too but after standing there for probably a whole minute just staring I walked away... I already had jars of queso in my cart :/ Baby, this has gone too far.
    Since I'm laying it all out there... I bought 2 boxes of pop tarts! Cherry and s'mores flavors... Good for you with your walking away will power!!!
  • Options
    @mamaksweez Thank you! It is so good to hear that I am not a lone.
  • Options
    My WTF goes out to my boss, who I had to tell I was pregnant today. He made me feel like such an inconvenience and like he wanted me to take the full 3 months off to make it easier on him (despite saying I was only planning on taking 6 weeks and then jumping back into things). UGH.
  • Options
    LljbeanLljbean member
    edited July 2015
    My other WTF is my MIL, After I had DD, I lost a lot of weight and ended up a lot smaller than before I got pregnant. I had always been either over weight or obese until I was 24, so although I am small now, it is like I am navigating this totally different person with my brain in them. It's weird, is what I am saying and I still get very self conscious about things. 

Anyway, I had a bunch of really pretty dresses I wanted to keep and have taken in, but never got around to it. So, yesterday my MIL and I are chit chatting about clothes/maternity wear and she goes," Well, I guess it is good you never had those dresses taken in since you are so big now. I wonder if I have any of my old clothes that are way too big, around for you.". I was like *jaw on the floor* and then I had to leave the room because I started feeling like I was going to cry and I knew I couldn't stop it. I'm not "so big" which makes me more sad because it seemed purposefully hurtful. But I think she just does NOT think about what she says before it comes out of her mouth. My MIL is normally very nice and we get a long great but sometimes she has this back handedness about her that makes me want to scream.  Blarg! 
    Me:28 DH:35
    Married: 7.23.11
    DD:10.17.12
    EDD #2!:1.17.16 

• Options
    tinne004 said:

DH sometimes complains we don't have enough sexy time (between caring for our 2 year old and a massive house reno, we're usually having sexy time 2-3 times a week).  I woke up last night and for some reason felt like giving DH some late night lovin', which of course he didn't say no to.  In the morning he complains of being tired and says, "next time can we have sex BEFORE going to bed, and not in the middle of the night?"  WTF, take what you can get and shut it.

Oh, hell no! You are a much better wife than me. Mine's lucky if it's twice a week. If he had any complaints I would say, "fine, I'll just take care of myself next time."
  • Options
    Wtf, yesterday I grocery shopped. I literally put only disgusting crap in the cart - that I am totally pregnancy craving! Pop tarts, chips and top the tater, pop, fruit snacks, etc... I did buy strawberries, only because my 1 yr old was pointing and grunting for them... Seriously, who eats like this!?!
    Since I'm laying it all out there... I bought 2 boxes of pop tarts! Cherry and s'mores flavors... Good for you with your walking away will power!!!
    I hadn't had a pop tart in 10 years before becoming pregnant. Now,I've bought too many boxes. Smores have been my go to. I'm ashamed....but not. F*ck it.

I did Weight Watchers when I was younger and one of those bad boys was HALF my points for the day. That's why I was like nope for so long.

SO is always like what are we getting at the grocery store? I say the list and then I always say "And you know, whatever I grab."
  • Options
    Wtf hair. I thought it was supposed to get thicker during pregnancy?? Didn't happen with my first and definitely not happening now. I'm actually still loosing hair from my 1st. Seriously, clumps come out every time I brush it. I'm no joke going bald.
  • Options
    DH sometimes complains we don't have enough sexy time (between caring for our 2 year old and a massive house reno, we're usually having sexy time 2-3 times a week).  I woke up last night and for some reason felt like giving DH some late night lovin', which of course he didn't say no to.  In the morning he complains of being tired and says, "next time can we have sex BEFORE going to bed, and not in the middle of the night?"  WTF, take what you can get and shut it.
    Oh, hell no! You are a much better wife than me. Mine's lucky if it's twice a week. If he had any complaints I would say, "fine, I'll just take care of myself next time."
    Right???  And the fact that he's complaining of being tired to a PREGNANT woman!  I'm normally a back sleeper, but my bump has become large enough where I have to either prop one of my hips up with a pillow or try to sleep on my side.  Either way, I wake up a few times a night. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cjd&kcjd&k member
    WTF Overstock.com! My SO and I got a bed frame 2 months ago and are now regretting it greatly. Not only did it take 5 hours to put together; it also is a piece of crap. My fiancé laid on my side of the bed and I mean literally just laid down not jump or anything and it falls in. When you take it apart you can see the wood is cracking everywhere and I don't even think we have had sex more than a few times. It's not like we were rough with the bed frame or anything. So it's 11 o'clock at night, I'm pissed, I'm pregnant, and thankfully my fiance's brother is staying with us because I'm not, nor can I try to move this thing and take it apart. Anyways, we get it apart after 45 minutes and I take all of the 300 screws out. We get ahold of overstock and they refuse us a full refund because we're 2 weeks past the return date. Not happening. The bed cost $500 and a whole lot of time. So they have sent us shipping labels and a date to have it in the factory by to get the refund. This morning my fiance's sister and brother came over and got all of these wood pieces together and took them to UPS and they have no boxes the size of the frame. It's a king. The manager said he'll hold on to it and give me a call and see what he can do, but didn't let me leave without saying "just know this is not going to be cheap. These boxes will be expensive and so will all of the bubble wrap you'll need to box it all up" ughhhhh b-(
  • Options
    Today I asked my husband if I look like I'm pregnant or just fat. He replied with "I'm not gonna answer that". Wtf????!! And then I got pissed and walked away and came back and said "so you're saying if you didn't know me and you saw me, you would assume I'm just fat?" And he goes "idk why you set me up like that". I was like "idk why you think like that?!" He goes "well your belly isn't round on top like most pregnant women." And I'm like wtf because the baby is still below my belly button (17+4 today). For the most part, if a ladies belly looks pudgy at the bottom I can usually guess she's pregnant. I think dh doesn't understand that, and is only use to really pregnant women
  • Options
    Yesterday was my birthday and all I got from my husband was a DVD. One that was on sale, that he told me I could get for myself. I know money is tight and we are saving up for baby, but it ain't that tight.
    My husband is typically the best in the world but gift giving is just not a talent he has mastered.
  • Options
    WTF, top story on Google.  Another black man killed by a police officer.  Why oh why did I watch the body cam video?  I'm half-crying and vomiting.  I feel for police officers, I really do.  They are public servants, just like I am.  Overworked and underpaid.  But they have guns, and when you have permission to use deadly force there has to be accountability.  By the way, I can't believe it's 2015 and we still have to shoot people to neutralize them.  I wish the Vulcan nerve pinch was real- just a small grab of the neck, and boom, people are instantly rendered unconscious.  It beats the hell out of getting shot in the face.