Trouble TTC
Options

Vitamins

LauraNick2010LauraNick2010 member
edited July 2015 in Trouble TTC
So we're all told to be taking prenatal vitamins since we're TTC. Has anyone had problems with vitamins making you feel crappy? I was told by my doctor to take 2 Flintstones chewables because it was probably the coating on them. I've been on them now for 2 weeks and am starting to feel crappy again. This is the only change I've made. If any of you have had this what helped?

Re: Vitamins

• Options
    jnissajnissa member
    Yes. I can't take prenatals because I'm so sensitive to Iron. So instead I take some individuals (vitamin d, calcium) and a folic acid pill instead. That may not be your case, but it's worth splitting it out and trying to remove one or two of the major vitamins in there. The folic is the most important one for baby.
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Options
    The prenatal gummy vitamins by vita fusion have no iron but have the DHA and folic acid that you need. I've been taking them for a year and a half and have had no issues. I better have some damn smart babies though!!!!

Make sure you are getting your water intake for the day and take them with a glass of water. I also take mine before bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TRP85TRP85 member
    I found taking them with dinner helped because my stomach was nice and full and it's close enough to bed time that if I do start feeling crappy I can sleep through it.
    Married: 08/04/2012
    TTC #1: 07/2014
  • Options
    So we're all told to be taking prenatal vitamins since we're TTC. Has anyone had problems with vitamins making you feel crappy? I was told by my doctor to take 2 Flintstones chewables because it was probably the coating on them. I've been on them now for 2 weeks and am starting to feel crappy again. This is the only change I've made. If any of you have had this what helped?
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/VitaFusion-Prenatal-Gummy-Vitamins-90ct/16935565

i use these! so soft and yummy! have you tried them?
    Married to My Best Friend
    Mom to 2 Fur Babies (Great Danes)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @BlissfulWifey those are the ones I take. Great for TTC, but they do not have iron so your doctor may request an iron supplement or suggest you take a different prenatal. I have no iron deficiency, so these are perfect for me during TTC. I will be sad when I do have to take iron since I'm so sensitive to it, but it'll be worth it :)

They are like candy though! I look forward to taking them every day :D
  • Options
    @BlissfulWifey those are the ones I take. Great for TTC, but they do not have iron so your doctor may request an iron supplement or suggest you take a different prenatal. I have no iron deficiency, so these are perfect for me during TTC. I will be sad when I do have to take iron since I'm so sensitive to it, but it'll be worth it :) They are like candy though! I look forward to taking them every day :D
    aw man... i hope i dont have to switch! They are like candy haha
    Married to My Best Friend
    Mom to 2 Fur Babies (Great Danes)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been taking Rainbow Light Prenatal Ones, which have additional pregnancy-safe herbs to help with digestion. My stomach is doing a lot better on these than when I was taking a generic prenatal before. But, I will still sometimes get nauseous if I take them on an empty stomach and don't eat for an hour or so (which I shouldn't do anyway, since I need breakfast :p )

I also take 4 Vitamin Ds at the same time, so not sure which causes that empty-stomach nausea...
    Me(28) and Husband(39): 10/5/2013, TTC since 10/2013
    Metformin 7/2014, BFP 8/14/2014, MC 11/1/2014
    Dx: PCOS, cycles 38-72. As of 6/2015 trying to lose weight and fix cycles with diet and exercise!!
  • Options
    I take mega food brand 'baby & me herb free' they are amazing. They are whole food vitamins that are easy to digest and very gentle on your stomach. I take 2 in the am on an empty stomach and have never had an issue. They also have folate, not the synthetic derivation, folic acid. Some women's bodies do not absorb and process folic acid due to a blood abnormality, but everyone can process folate since your body recognizes it as a food. They are a little on the pricey side ($35/bottle) and you have to take 4 a day (there are 120/bottle). My opinion---worth every penny (you can usually get them 20-25% off!)
    Good luck to all the TtC ladies out there!