January 2016 Moms

Winning Wednesday!

Re: Winning Wednesday!

• Winning today because I vented a TON to my husband last night of all the stuff that's been bothering me (work, our shitty apt complex's new owners, how miserable I feel pregnant, my sassy 1 yr old, my messy house, etc.) and I feel so much better today knowing it's all on the table! And I just need to get through today and I have tomorrow off!
  • Loading the player...
  • Got a ton of 6th graders through tie dye at camp without losing it like I did last week! B-)
  • @Beverly0628 I have those same pants. And they're heaven. I bought them in 3 colors.
  • I cleaned my house yesterday, including cleaning out the fridge, which desperately needed to be done, and going through and putting away all of the clothes I will not likely be able to wear this winter/spring haha.

And today I paid all the bills, finalized vacation plans, and made a few appts (for myself and our pup).

I'm feeling very productive!!! Getting out of the 1st trimester fog!! Winning!!!
  • adcc43adcc43 member
    Finally cleaned out my sons closet. I feel so much better now lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• @mamaksweez I'm super jealous. That sounds amazing. I've never had a facial before and I've wanted one for a long time.
  • I've only gotten a facial once, and I am so excited for it today! My face is like a teenager's because of this sweet baby growing inside of me.
  • Thanks! @Beverly0628 Got to finish before baby!!!

• nanampnanamp member
    I am 14w today so officially in the 2nd tri! Yay! (Still waiting for the positive benefits to this kicking in...)
  • @nanamp me too.... Though I'm 15+2 now.... MS gone but my energy isn't back yet. Hopefully you get all the goodies soo :) 14 made me excited
  • @Beverly0628: Link please?

@Snoopylovesbelle: Happy early birthday!!!!

@mamaksweez: That sounds amazing!!!! Enjoy!
  • sck601sck601 member
    WW#2: booked an appointment to get my hair cut and colored on Saturday. I'm cutting 12" off into a shoulder length A-Line. I'm nervous/excited!

WW#3: DH finally have our names settled. With DD, we didn't pick her name until 36 weeks!

BabyFruit Ticker

• sck601 said:
    WW#2: booked an appointment to get my hair cut and colored on Saturday. I'm cutting 12" off into a shoulder length A-Line. I'm nervous/excited! WW#3: DH finally have our names settled. With DD, we didn't pick her name until 36 weeks!
    I just cut 12 inches + off in April. You're going to love it!
  • sck601sck601 member
    KaraEpp16 said:

sck601 said:

WW#2: booked an appointment to get my hair cut and colored on Saturday. I'm cutting 12" off into a shoulder length A-Line. I'm nervous/excited!

WW#3: DH finally have our names settled. With DD, we didn't pick her name until 36 weeks!

@KaraEpp16 I cut 10" off in Sept '13, but I always end up hating it. I hope with me doing an actual style vs a plain cut, it'll make me love it

BabyFruit Ticker

• @sck601 Are you going to donate it? I donated about 14 inches last year and I felt like a new woman! Summer is a good time for short hair. Plus, it's way less time spent blow drying and more time for other stuff!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • sck601 said:
    sck601 said:
    WW#2: booked an appointment to get my hair cut and colored on Saturday. I'm cutting 12" off into a shoulder length A-Line. I'm nervous/excited! WW#3: DH finally have our names settled. With DD, we didn't pick her name until 36 weeks!
    @KaraEpp16 I cut 10" off in Sept '13, but I always end up hating it. I hope with me doing an actual style vs a plain cut, it'll make me love it
    I got a new style when I did it - helped me love it. The color will boost it, too. :) And hey, our hair is growing like mad so couple that with the summer growth and you'll easily have those inches back!
  • My husband gave me permission to go yarn shopping today and didn't give me a spending limit. I spent less than $25. I'm super proud! I call that a win.
  • @mrsgetz4000 new appliances are the beeeeees kneeees
  • sck601sck601 member
    @mrsgetz4000 I get my new washer and dryer tomorrow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• l4rkl4rk member
    My win is that I got a doctor today!! 3 years in this town and finally I found a spot. We met today and he's taking me (and my SO and SS) on. For perspective, I told my midwife yesterday that I might have a family dr soon and she asked me for his name and location...so she could get in! She doesn't have a doctor either, which is just super common in my town. Anyway, he seems to love babies so I think I had him at "I'm pregnant"!
  • Well, I've been craving caffeine because I feel like the living dead with a 21 month old. I love dr pepper lately, so I checked the content, and basically a 1-liter bottle 591mL, has roughly 70 mg of caffeine, well below the daily limit, so I was stoked to be able to give into my caffeine crave! Winning!
  • I cut off 12" of my hair in March and donated it. My hair was super long and it felt liberating!

To add to my winning, I am on vacation visiting family, I had another poutine for lunch today and I spent the day in the pool! Perfect for a scorcher like today!
  • @ChipMonster you're going to turn into poutine hehehe. Possible Second win!: after my massage I was lying on my back and I touched my belly. On the right side near my belly button I felt something hard. As I started pressing around it and trying to figure it out I felt the hard ball move very slowly down to behind my pelvic bone. It was a decent size like a tennis ball. I'm thinking I felt the baby but just not on the inside just felt it move from outside. >:D< Either way I was super excited. Whoop whoop.
  • Totally didn't mean to condense that. Sorry Chip!