January 2016 Moms
Options

Pimples

Really this is just a vent!! Im actually in pain. My forehead is so pimpley! It's so sore!! Never really had pimples as a teenager, I now have so much empathy for people who suffer acne!! I've have had to change all my skin care products and foundation! Anyone else in the same situation?! Any skincare recommendations? (I know, these are not major issues)

Re: Pimples

• Options
    I don't have any recommendations but my skin is breaking out too. I've used several different face washes and creams and my skin is so dry and was very itchy last night. I haven't switched makeup (yet) but did triple clean all makeup brushes!
  • Options
    I've suffered from acne in my teen years what I use now which also helped during my teen years is any good facial cleanser for you it could have no acne clearing products or it can mine doesn't it's just clean & clear foaming wash and what helps balance out your skins ph is a toner the toner I use is by dickinsons it's a all natural witch hazel toner very good for skin and if you have existing sore pimples this will take away the pain and I just use my ponds clarant b3 scar lightening moisturizer everything is the same from when I was a teen just different face wash. But it helps plenty you can chose a moisturizer that suits your skin I have combo oily skin this moisturizer is very lightweight and lightens my old acne scars amazingly and doesn't make me oily why it's a staple product for me. This pregnancy has just made my skin worse it had just cleared up from when I was on the pill then it started popping up on my chin when I was waiting for my period a few months later which never came as to why I am on the app lol. But since second tri it has moved from my chin to forehead as well. But it's under control now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My skin has been awful too. Someone recommended African Black soap and I've been trying it out. Im not sure if it's the soap or just my hormones settling down but my face looks better!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The only possible way for me to keep my face under control during my last pregnancy was to stop using make up at all. Even the "acne-friendly" brands. I continued to go make-up free afterward and my breakouts haven't been nearly as bad this pregnancy. Just a thought if you can stand going a few months without make-up. :)
  • Options
    This was me exactly with my last pregnancy. My skin was horrible! 

But then I found Lush Ultra bland cleanser and my skin was saved. You have to really work it into the skin, and then use both a gentle exfoliator and a wash cloth to rub it all away. I paired it with either pure rose hip oil or Eminence recovery oil. (I know oil on problem skin sounds counterintuitive, but if you REALLY work it into the skin, it's actually incredible.) 

• Options
    Emott13Emott13 member
    edited July 2015
    holocene said:

This was me exactly with my last pregnancy. My skin was horrible! 

But then I found Lush Ultra bland cleanser and my skin was saved. You have to really work it into the skin, and then use both a gentle exfoliator and a wash cloth to rub it all away. I paired it with either pure rose hip oil or Eminence recovery oil. (I know oil on problem skin sounds counterintuitive, but if you REALLY work it into the skin, it's actually incredible.) 

My dermo says this is the biggest issue with people with oily skin!!! You think you should try to reduce the oil, but really your skin is over-producing because it feels dried out (which we all know pregnancy does- hello itchy, flaky skin!). So really you DO want to go with some oil-infused stuff because it helps your body to feel moisturized and chill with the oil production. You hit the nail on the head!!

Edited because auto correct.
  • Options
    The acne is brutal ! I also never really had bad acne as a teen nor did I with my other two pregnancy. But this one my effing back is full of pimples and they hurt so bad :((
  • Options
    I love any line by Shiseido!
  • Options
    I am struggling with break outs also, in addition to dry, flaky patches- anyone else having that? It's almost like I'm peeling. I have always struggled with acne, but never this kind of dryness before pregnancy. Anyone use any great moisturizers that don't make acne worse?
  • Options
    xllovexllove member
    I've had the same monster zit on my left cheek for 2 1/2 WEEKS and it won't go away!! It's shrunk a little but seems permanent. Even my 3 year old is asking what's wrong with my face lol. My face in general is dull and dry and oily all at the same time this pregnancy.
  • Options
    ashhsaashhsa member

I know how you feel. Not to mention people keep coming up to me saying, "well your having a girl, she's stealing your beauty." Thanks dick and I don't know what I'm having.

No!! People are seriously so dumb. It's like "oh your pregnant, hmm what is the most offensive thing I could possibly say to you?!"

Yes, I agree, that although I'm pimpley, I'm dry, perhaps I should drink more water!? I can't really go without makeup for work as I am a hairdresser/make up artist, but I am whenever else I can! I'm def going to try some suggested products! Thanks!
  • Options
    I have suffered with acne and the only thing that has worked for me, on my face, is Proactiv. I do not, and have not, had any breakouts since using it. I have tried many other products, and it's the only thing that has worked for me. I also use Neutrogena acne body wash for occasional body breakouts. Someone mentioned to me in passing that they heard Proactiv wasn't ok for use in pregnancy, but, I checked with my OB and he said it was totally fine.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, it's horrible. I have like a family of them all around my chin, and it totally makes it all better when people point them out... I have a mirror, I KNOW!!
  • Options
    TML13TML13 member
    Like someone mentioned, there was a post on here a while back about the African Black soap. I've always had acne and nothing has ever worked, especially the proactive which made me mad giving how expensive it is lol. But I started using the African Black treatment this past weekend, and my skin already looks so much better, which in turn makes me feel better about myself giving how fat I feel right now :/ I bought a box of facial treatment for 20 dollars at Target. I really like it!
  • Options
    cjd&kcjd&k member
    I too am breaking out. Just on my face, thankfully. I've never really had acne before and am so glad I haven't. My sister and brother both had it pretty bad. It's not even bad for me right now. I don't ever mess with it. Just always make sure to take my make up off before bed.

The other day my manager and I were talking and he said something made him breakout and I said "yeah pregnancy does that as well" and he goes "yeah I can tell" NOT FUNNY
  • Options
    Tea tree oil!! Found at your local health food store. Get the oil to spot treat blemishes and there are also great TTO face washes. Seriously it's the best plus it's a natural product which is always nice!
  • Options
    Update: Started using African black soap 2 days ago- previous break outs still in process of clearing up, however the dryness and flaking is MUCH better after only 2 days of use. Happy to see some improvement, thanks PP for suggesting!
  • Options
    I don't know if we have that here? I'll see if I can get it online! Sounds like everyone who had tried it loves it.
  • Options
    @mollyj931, African Black soap really works wonders.  I have used it for years now and anytime I have had a breakout, I use that soap and in a day or two, it's gone.  I highly recommend it to others.
  • Options
    I don't know if you know anyone who sells it, but Arbonne makes some pretty great skin care lines. They are all naturally sourced, gluten free and vegan friendly. They are very safe and not harsh. The have a line for acne, which is said to beat out proactive, though I personally cannot speak to it. I use their regular line, which Im told when used regularly is very effective at preventing and getting rid of acne. I love the RE9 line. But thats me. 
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • Options
    I started using African black soap like PPs said. Helped and is totally natural and safe for baby. (Check the ingredients on the one you pick) I use it on my face and body. Makes my skin soft.
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestions, I started using African black soap a couple of days ago but I am already seeing an improvement!!
  • Options
    I had terrible acne during my first trimester and Into the beginning of my second. Thank goodness it has cleared up now (I'm at 19 weeks). I am a firm believer in Cliniques 3 step. I use the oily skin soap, clarifying lotion and moisturizer. It's amazing all the time, even when you are not pregnant!
  • Options
    ndeguara said:
    Thank you for the suggestions, I started using African black soap a couple of days ago but I am already seeing an improvement!!
    I used that before my wedding and I looooooved it.  Plus, it smells good.

My skin improved drastically with changing my makeup (I tried bare minerals and I found it to be cakey, and I switched to Physician's Formula), keep your makeup brushes clean, use a good non-comedogenic moisturizer day and night, and don't over do it with washing your face.  Honestly, less is more.  I feel like when I was having issues I would wash my face all the time and I think it was just irritating my skin even more.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    Where can I purchase the African Black Soap?
  • Options
    That girl = pimples wive's tale seems to be true for me...although when I complained about my skin, my dad told me that he's never seen my mom with more pimples than the day she delivered my brother (they've known each other since they were teens too).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Where can I purchase the African Black Soap?
    Basically anywhere.  I got mine from Target.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    Mine has become a lot more oily with a lot more clogged pores (especially around my chin) over the last month or so.

I've been using a clay/mud mask once or twice a week, plus cethaphil cleanser and moisturiser twice a day. I think I'm going to switch to neutrogena oil free facial wash for a while, as my skin is never completely clean after using the cetaphil one.

I'm also suffering with the dry/flaky skin issue as well, for which I intend to use the Bioderma Hydrabio moisturising mask once a week to rehydrate my skin.

Make sure EVERYTHING you use is oil free and non comedogenic, if they're not they can cause blocked pores And spots. This is what my dermatologist told me!
  • Options
    Boots brand (you can get it at Target in the "fancy" body care aisle) has something called acne control serum for $8. It's clear, feels really good on the skin (sinks in so great under makeup), does not dry out skin AT ALL, and has really helped my skin. I'm super prone to cystic acne and this helps so much. I'll spot treat with tea tree oil too.
  • Options
    I completely hear you loud and clear on this topic!  The ONLY thing that has worked for me was one of those kits you find at Walmart or Target.  It's called Acne Free.  I bought the severe acne kit, but I wouldn't recommend that one, because the only difference between the severe and the regular is that the severe comes with 4 steps instead of 3, and the 4th one is basically retinol, which we are not supposed to use when pregnant.  However, the system worked wonders for me!  It does dry your skin, but I didn't care!  Good luck!

• Options
    Are any of you with acne having a baby girl by chance? I read somewhere that if a woman has acne she's having a girl. Is there any truth to this?
  • Options
    jnshardjnshard member
    edited August 2015
    Prepregnancy I had bad cystic acne and was on meds to treat it, then I had to stop when pregnant and it came right back. At the advice of someone here I started using African black soap (bought it at the wegman's) and apple cider vinegar as a toner. Almost a month and a half later my skin looks much better with almost no cystic acne. I went on vacation for 4 days and forgot my soap and vinegar and used my brother's facial cleanser and sure enough the cystic acne began again and is just now clearing up again. My skin is not as good as it was on the prescription mess from before pregnancy, but it is much better than it was
  • Options
    @Aminafleming While I am having a girl and have had the worst skin of my life (I never had bad skin as a teen), my mother had the worst acne ever when pregnant with my brother, so it's just another old wive's tale :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had my first ever back pimple! i made my husband pop it. lol OUCH! 

i have light acne on my face. no whiteheads, just bumps. :S