Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

resistant father to be

The father of my baby, whom i live with, knows that stuff needs to be done but is extremely resistant. We have 3 months and 2 weeks to go, but i do not want to be rushing around last minute doing stuff. Id like to actually sit and do nothing for the last 2 weeks, not to memtion if baby is early... my sister was 4 months early, dad to be was a month early, i was a minth early. It happens often... nothing at all has been done. Not the painting. He refuses to think baby names. He is still on the idea that there is a 1% chance that it could be a boy when it is very much a girl. The baby room is still stuffed with things im not aloud to lift. And way more... i dont know what to do...

Re: resistant father to be

• Options

Not sure what your financial situation is like, but when my wife starts threatening to pay someone else to do stuff I start moving a little faster. This will only work if he cares about the finances and/or his pride. Obviously, don't do this if he doesn't care and it will make you go broke.

As for the baby names I was terrible about it too. My wife would ask me if I liked a name and I would say yes or no. I didn't bring many names to the table so being able to say yes or no worked for us.

• Options
    Lol that would most likely work very well lol at least in the financial talk. Hes more frugal than i am, which is saying something lol thanks for the tip. I wouldnt have thought of that. As for the names, im slowly getting used to it. We have 4 that he is ok with that i thought up, so its good enough
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JessaRex said:
    The father of my baby, whom i live with, knows that stuff needs to be done but is extremely resistant. We have 3 months and 2 weeks to go, but i do not want to be rushing around last minute doing stuff. Id like to actually sit and do nothing for the last 2 weeks, not to memtion if baby is early... my sister was 4 months early, dad to be was a month early, i was a minth early. It happens often... nothing at all has been done. Not the painting. He refuses to think baby names. He is still on the idea that there is a 1% chance that it could be a boy when it is very much a girl. The baby room is still stuffed with things im not aloud to lift. And way more... i dont know what to do...
    remember that he is also struggling with giving up his life to a child - which is really hard.  It took me months after having a son to even start coming around.

Not having a baby is easy and fun - you get to do whatever the hell you want with your spare time.  Once you have a kid - you HAVE no spare time.

that manifested itself as rage with me and it took some time for me to get over it but now my 4 year old son and I are best friends.

Its going to take him some time.  Feed him love and support and everything will be good