April 2014 Moms

Toddler/funeral etiquette

So I'm packing for our trip this weekend and I realized I have no idea how a toddler should be dressed at a funeral. All of her church dresses are bright summery colors, does that matter? Am I just overthinking this?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Toddler/funeral etiquette

• We took LO to his grandfather's funeral in just nice clothes. I may have avoided particularly bright outfits, but I didn't worry about it too much. I think everyone was just glad to see a little one-- a reminder of new life--and no one seemed too worried about what he wore. Hope your trip goes well and sorry for your loss...
    AmberLiz99
  • We have been to a few this past year... Usually I just dressed him in nice church clothes. We did have black pants but usually a colorful shirt. I agree with pp it's nice to have young ones there. Could you maybe put a dark sweater with it? Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it
    AmberLiz99
  • Loading the player...
  • Any nice clothes will be fine. We went to one and didn't have any dark colored clothes. I didn't think much about it. They were just happy we came.
    AmberLiz99
  • DItto! We just put him in regular church clothes, and they were colorful/bright. And yes, everyone was so happy to see a happy baby.
    Sorry for your loss! I hope the traveling goes smoothly!
    AmberLiz99
  • Thanks everyone! I figured I was thinking about things too much. I'm a little nervious about the while trip, so here's hoping all goes well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker