April 2015 Moms

Naps

Hi...quick question. My little boy is four months this week and he takes 3-4 naps a day and goes down for the night around 7.30 (waking twice during the night to feed). I don't let him go longer than two hours without napping because he gets cranky and his naps vary from 30 mins to one hour and he wakes up happy enough. Just wondering what everyone else's LO's are up to and do u think he should be napping for longer as most of the stuff I read suggests 1.5 to 2.5 hour naps during the day??

Re: Naps

• edited July 2015
    My boy is close in age to yours and will be 4 months August 6th. He has not taken longer than 1 hour naps since he was 2 months old. But yesterday he had a almost 2 hour nap in my ergobaby carrier and he was so happy / alert after that. I wish he could sleep longer like that in his bed during the day-- but carrying seems like a good way for baby to take longer naps. Also once last week he had a 2 hour nap in bed with me. Maybe because of your smell they can fall back asleep more easily (their sleep cycles are 50-60 minutes long).
  • My boy will be 4 months on aug 7. He takes a half an hr catnap after every two hours or get cranky otherwise. Its easy to get him to sleep sometimes but othertimes he acts really difficult and fusses around if he cant do that. Takes a good night sleep of around 10 hours with feeding breaks. He feeds in sleep so thats no prob. Just that this guy doesn't sleep before 1 or 2 in the night. This is keeping me very troubled. Any solutions to offer on this??
  • Loading the player...
  • My DS will be 4 months on aug 14th. Takes 3 naps during the day. A morning nap(about an hour), noon nap (about 2 hours) and a smaller evening nap (20 -30 minutes). He goes to bed between 8 and 8:30 sleeps typically until 6:30-6:45.
  • My bubs is 4 months on Aug 7th. She only naps 20-30min about 3-4 times during the day. I think this isn't enough for her but she sleeps well at night (with 1-2 feeds). Guess that's why they say all babies are different ☺
  • My twins will be 4months on aug 17 and up until this week they were great nappers. In the morning they would nap from 11-1, nap from 2:30-3:30/4, nap again 5:30-6:30, then again from 8-9. They'd go down for the night at 10:30-5/6am. Now this week they haven't extended their night sleeping at all but haven't napped longer than 45mins. They seem cranky & over tired and so is mommy! I thought it was bc they started teething but I gave them med yesterday & it didn't help them nap longer. I'm at a loss!