TTC After a Loss
Options

Long first AF...

kcmichelkcmichel member
edited July 2015 in TTC After a Loss
I posted in another board but am hoping I can get some relation/feedback on here.
A little history: Im a mom of 3 and had a chemical pregnancy in March followed by a MMC diagnosed at 11w3d in June. Parts of me have healed while others are still irking me to no end. We were origionally going to ttc this cycle but that seems to be an issue as I am on day 11 of AF.
MC bleeding started June 9th, passed the pregnancy on June 20th, bleeding stopped July 5th. On July 17th AF came. The first few days were very heavy with clots which we knew to expect (had a sono 1w post MC) and now it's been never ending light (sometimes moderate) flow.
Anyone else have this happen? I've seen a lot of reports on shorter/lighter/heavy AFs but not about this long. Just want to know I'm not alone. Thanks!
Edited to add a small intro.

Re: Long first AF...

• Options
    ALC08ALC08 member
    Yes!! I miscarried on april 10th bleeding lasted a couple of weeks and stopped for about a week. Then spotting and spotting , heavier like a period, more spotting. It seemed i had a period about two weeks apart. Pretty much constant spotting in between sometimes really light sometimes heavier. I bled the entire month of may. The nurse said it may take a couple cycles for my body to re-set. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    It does thank you. I know it can take a while but I didnt know if there was a "too long" time frame. Nice to know I'm not alone. It's getting lighter still so hope this is it. Thanks for your response!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bled for 2 weeks from the start of my natural MC - end. Then a week of nothing. Then my AF came 7 days later on the date it was due and I bled for 2 weeks (+about 4 days of spotting). For about 3 days, the bleeding was horribly heavy with lots of large clots.
    Not a nice experience at all.
    Lots of love x