2nd Trimester
Options

Consistent Fever

okay so since ive been pregnant (now 13 weeks) i have never had a temperature below 99 degrees. its typically in the 100s but not exceeding 100.3 so technically not a "fever." i feel like shit all the time but i get pretty shocked when i think i feel normal and its then higher than what it usually is. the obgyn just keeps shrugging it off and isnt much of the listening type, just in and out. should i be worried or am i overreacting?

Re: Consistent Fever

• Options
    I'm not sure if you should be worried, but worst case scenario, go to the ER if you feel worse. They may be able to figure out what is going on. Or they can tell you that it isn't something to be concerned about and what to do going forward.  But again, I suggest you do this if you feel worse. If your OB is shrugging it off, maybe you are ok...but I'm not a licensed medical professional, and I may be wrong. I'm just telling you what I would do. 
  • Options
    Do you think your thermometer might be giving you a bad reading? I would try a different one and see what kind of reading you get!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure if you should be worried, but worst case scenario, go to the ER if you feel worse. They may be able to figure out what is going on. Or they can tell you that it isn't something to be concerned about and what to do going forward.  But again, I suggest you do this if you feel worse. If your OB is shrugging it off, maybe you are ok...but I'm not a licensed medical professional, and I may be wrong. I'm just telling you what I would do. 
    There is NO reason to go to the ER if feeling worse. She should call her office and talk to the nurses line and possibly get an appointment or talk to the on call doctor if it's after hours and seek their advice. This is NOT an emergency that warrants an automatic trip to the ER. Even if fever got to 103, a phone call to the office/on call doctor is warranted to say we are heading in, or what should I do? Er is the LAST place I would want to be while pregnant.- they are germ fillers gross, nast places with people witgtj all types of illnesses wwalking aaround. If OP does not trust her doctor, then find one you trust. Fund one you feel will listen to you. I knows when I was pregnant with DD I ran low grade fevers. Doctor was not concerned. I was told to take Tylenol for bad days. Eventually it went away. They figured it was fluctuation of hormones. But you may be different.
    We can agree to disagree. She asked a question and I gave an answer based on what I read. My doctor also wouldn't brush off my concerns, especially if I brought them up multiple times. I said that is what  I would do. Not sure why you felt the need to address anything to me, I didn't post any questions here, but whatever floats your boat. 

• Options
    I am a medical professional (L&D RN, with a background in infectious disease), and I wouldn't be concerned. As noted above, a fever is a temperature 100.4 and above, whether you're pregnant or not. Other symptoms aside, not having a temp under 99 is a non-issue. There are factors, such as dehydration, that can cause an elevated temp. Other unusual symptoms should be discussed with your OB, but remember, there's a lot about being 13 wks pregnant that makes you feel weird anyway. Yeah, don't go to the ER just because you're pregnant and have a fever (we're talking in the event of a true fever), call your doctor.