3rd Trimester
Options

36 weeks, Fully effaced, 1 cm dilated naturally.

Went to the doctors this morning, and they checked my cervix. I am naturally fully effaced, and 1 cm dilated. Have any of you moms gone through this? I am wondering if that means my little girl is coming soon. I am getting excited, but I don't know if that means she is coming in a couple of days or if it will be a few more weeks. What are your experiences with similar situations? Thanks!

Re: 36 weeks, Fully effaced, 1 cm dilated naturally.

• Options
    I was 100% effaced and 4cm at 36 weeks and still went three days past my EDD. It really means nothing. With my second I didn't have them do internal checks because I walked around with my hopes up for a month with my first! This time I'm skipping internals too.
  • Options
    I've had two Dr.'s tell me I'm 1cm and 50% effaced since 36 weeks....now at 38+5 weeks 2 different Dr's tell me I'm not dilated at all.  Its so frustrating!!  I am really really hoping to try a vbac birth and today's visit to the Dr. was so discouraging I almost cried.  I've been walking daily, drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea since 36 weeks and this week started taking Evening Primrose Oil.  If nothing else I am hopeful that these will make labor a little easier on my body.  The baby has at least dropped but as a result my sciatica is taking a hit and the back pain has increased.  

Trying to keep the positive thinking and attitude....just a rough day for that today
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why would you be excited that your baby might come at 36 weeks?? I hope you will have four week left. Good luck. As pps have stated, dilation/effacement mean nothing.
    imageLilypie - (d9io)
    imageLilypie - (3w4O)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @lowrey2015  I have had sciatic problems in my right leg since week 12. I broke my back 4 years ago, so this was no surprise to me. It literally has made me fall at the most random times like all the time when i was walking just fine. Walk slow! This way you can feel it in your leg before you fully put weight on it to prevent falling. I am sure you know already, but it is scary to fall. It usually takes a lot for me to cry, but i once fell and landed on my stomach. It scared me so much i just sat in the parking lot (where i fell) and cried for about 5 or 10 minutes. You can get used to walking slow. Also, doing the "Cat - Cow" exercise can position the baby right in your uterus so you don't have her sitting on those sciatic nerves. I drive a stick so i have to use both feet, and when it acts up, i have to pull over and i literally do the "cat-cow" exercise wherever i am. It can be embarrassing, but i would rather not be in pain. So other than walking slow and the "cat-cow" exercise, you can do hot and cold therapy on your back, where the nerves are being pressed to give you that shooting pain down your leg. Never do just heat. I hope this helps!