3rd Trimester
Options

HELP ME!

Hello ladies, I need some advice.

So far I've had a normal pregnancy, just the usual 1st tri sickness, and tiredness, 2nd tri i was vibrant and needed to arrange everything so I could relax as my 3rd tri approached.
Now at 40+4 weeks pregnant I am having a really hard time.
For the past 2 weeks I've been experiencing constant diarrhoea, nausea that's come and gone. Extreme fatigue that's left me in bed for hours apon end and now a headache that's been constant for two days now.
I've read up about the early stages of labour etc but I know I'm not contracting, I've had no show and the cramps I have are irregular.
Has anybody else experienced similar problems and how did you deal with them?
I know I'm on the home stretch now so I really didn't want to vent, but I'm having a really bad day and could do with some advice.
Xx

Re: HELP ME!

• Options
    I never experienced that but I hope you feel better. Drink lots of water. I was also over my edd with all 3 of my babies. I know that it can seem like forever and you're just waiting for them to come. Have you talked to your ob?
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply :)
    I've got mw appointment for a sweep tomorrow so will talk to her about it.
    I'm not one to call over something that I should just deal with really as we are the lucky ones to have been blessed with children.
    It's not stopped today still, and now to top it all off I've got a really really active little one pushing down on me like he's trying to escape. It's very painful lol.. How far past your edd was you with your babies xx
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Look up how to do nipple stimulation. It produces oxytocin (natural pitocin). I was 3 days overdue with my first and did nipple stimulation for two hours (with the required breaks in there) and then my water broke
  • Options
    I was two days prior to my due date and was feeling totally zen about the approaching dd when I started having contractions which increased in intensity and got to one minute apart. After an entire day and night at the hospital, but no dilation, they sent me home.

That was enough to make zen disappear and extreme anticipation and impatience take over. I've now been contracting mildly for an entire week and feel pretty rotten. I went in for a sweep today so am hoping for the best.

My point is, you're not alone and your need to vent is totally normal. Talk to your mw and hopefully the sweep will move things along. Our little ones will come sooner than later and their birthdays will most definitely be the day they selected and not a day before!
  • Options
    @rachelhannan no problem Hun. I gotcha, I had a sweep before too. But it didn't help at all for me personally. I was 4 days over due with my first, I was only 1 day over due with my second but I asked to be induced, and I was 5 days over due with my third (also asked to induced). I asked to be induced since I make some big babies for my stature and I did not want a c-section. All my kids were over 8lbs. So we will see with this baby. :) I think your baby is definitely ready to come out any day.
  • Options
    The most important thing you can do for yourself is stay hydrated especially with the diarrhea.  Also try to eat if you can stand it.  Maybe you just got a nasty bug.  The baby is moving so that's all good!  Trust me, I know how that feels when your nauseous though, my little one is extremely active which I love and hate at the same time!!  The headache may be a sign of dehydration but also try to pay attention to your vision as well, if it become blurred you'll want to check your BP.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon and that your appointment goes well tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Awww you're all so lovely! Thank you so much for your kind responses.
    This evenings been full of period like pains and back pains but nothing too intense so probably those Braxton hicks which I've not experienced yet apart from now.
    The baby's movement really are starting to get very painful now though, to the point where I've gone to get up and only manage to get half way, bloody hell you've got to laugh I must look a right donut
  • Options
    Hello gorgeous girls

Just a little update, I've been for my first sweep this morning and it really wasn't as bad as I anticipated.
    The MW said he was very low but didn't give too much away.
    Was extremely sick last night so I think o definitely had an upset tum. Headaches still lingering in the distance but nothing like it was thank goodness.
    How are all of you feeling today xxx
  • Options
    Hey love. Good to hear the sweep wasn't so bad. I've heard many women say it was very painful. Even though when I had one I didn't even know she did it lol. Awe I hope you get to feeling better. I'm good thank you. I'm only going to be 12 weeks Monday, I don't feel pregnant at all. I just like to go through all categories trying to give some advice. :)
  • Options
    She did my membrane sweep for a good minute and it was fine, just having a chat whilst she was having a rummage hahah.
    How exciting at 12 weeks! Have you had your first scan yet?
    Xx
  • Options
    Lol that's awesome. Yes very excited! I did but because of I had some bleeding but baby is very healthy. It was so nice seeing the baby on the ultrasound. I go back in 4 weeks. :)
  • Options
    Great to hear your bubs is healthy! That's the best news and only 4 more weeks until you get to see them again! Yay!
    It's amazing how much they change so quickly. so in 4 weeks your little peanut will look different hehe. So cute!
    I hope you're okay now, and sorry to hear about the bleeding that must have been scary xx