April 2015 Moms

Tired working mom

Will I ever sleep again? So exhausted from the every 2-3 hour night feedings. I exclusively breastfeed so it's all me. Any ideas to get my 15 week old to sleep longer stretches? Co-sleeping is not an option and we already have an early bedtime routine. Thanks in advance.

Re: Tired working mom

• kmerkle1kmerkle1 member
    edited July 2015
    I'm in the same boat...I work night shift and my LO sleeps 6 hrs at night and barely takes any naps during the day! It's exhausting. I gave in and had DH give him formula once yesterday so I could sleep. I feel like stress and lack of sleep is slowing my milk production :/ as for sleeping in longer stretches, I'm clueless. I'll be following this thread to see what others say!
  • niespniesp member
    I EP. As I returned to work at six months. My son eats 10 3 oz bottles a day and 1 5 oz in the morning of breastmilk. This week he started sleeping 8-630. I think it's because he eats so much. Perhaps try feeding him more or keeping him awake and nursing... ?
  • Loading the player...
  • niespniesp member
    **weeks not monthS
  • Maybe LO doesn't really need all the night feedings, just help going back to sleep? My 15 week old was doing longer stretches at night up until 2 weeks ago, then started waking every 2 hours again. I was feeding her every time, and also exhausted!, and I noticed sometimes she'd only nurse for 5 minutes and then fall back asleep. We tried an experiment, my husband got up with her each time and gave a bottle, and she only ate less than 1/2 an ounce the entire night. Now we'll just redo swaddle, use a pacifier and most of the time she'll go back to sleep. I agree with more feedings during the day too. And I still nurse her once or twice a night to keep up production. Good luck, I know it's so tiring!