Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

When Do Babies Stop Being SO Gassy and Spitting Up All the Time?!

My 9 wo daughter has bad gas pains that always wake her up/prevent her from napping. If I do get her to sleep, she often wakes up because she's spit up! And it takes up to an hour or more to get her to sleep, which is way too long to attempt to keep my 2.5 yo son quiet so she can fall asleep! When does it stop??

Re: When Do Babies Stop Being SO Gassy and Spitting Up All the Time?!

• Options
    Have you talked to her ped? Sounds like there's a problem.
  • Options
    Yes, just had her 2 month check up last week and ped said she's normal. It comes and goes, so I'm wondering if it's something in my diet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you tried gas drops? Target brand is $5.19 and I use them all the time. Before and after a feeding. It works like a charm. Also when you see she is kicking and uncomfortable try to do the bicycle movement with her legs and bring her knees to her belly button with a small amount of pressure to help her pass gas. My little lady loves the bicycle. :). Spit up will happen no matter what we do lol. Good luck you're doing great
  • Options
    Thank you! I have been doing gas drops before but not after. I was just worried about giving her too much. I did the bicycle before bed tonight and she made it almost 5 hours. I'll try before nap tomorrow and see what kind of result I get:)
  • Options
    Just don't exceed 12 doses in a 24 hour period. I'm so glad the bicycle worked :). Good luck for future relief
  • Options

Most definitely could be something in your diet if you are breastfeeding. Might be time for an elimination diet to see if that helps.

FWIW, my son spit up until he was a year old. Sorry.

• Options
    Thank you all! I am really so confused. She has good days and bad days. I do find that when I just eat healthier in general, she does a lot better.