April 2015 Moms
Options

Contacts Postpartum

mamalmg15mamalmg15 member
edited July 2015 in April 2015 Moms
When I was pregnant with my DD I stopped wearing my contacts because they no longer felt comfortable on my eyes. I'm a little over 3 months postpartum now and have tried my contacts again twice. I can see but they feel "off", as in my vision doesn't feel as good as my glasses. Should I get rid of my contacts? They're monthly ones and I have 4 left.

Re: Contacts Postpartum

• Options
    lmk115lmk115 member
    I'm curious to see how people respond to this. I have continued to wear my contacts, but my eyes are so red and feel dry. I've been blaming it on allergies, but wonder if others have had a similar issue.
  • Options
    I had the same issue. I barely wore contacts at all during pregnancy and now I can't wear them for long periods of time. I'm going to the eye doctor soon, so I was hoping they could help as I assumed it was just allergies too!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I too could not wear contacts during pregnancy. But I went back to them a month postpartum. They were so uncomfortable so I switched brands. Now it's so much better.
  • Options
    I stopped wearing them when I was pregnant. I can get away with wearing them now if I take them out after 6-8 hours. Made the mistake of wearing all day, once. I plan on switching to dailies.
  • Options
    I think it has something to do with our hormone regulation. Just like some of us need extra lubrication for other private parts, the eyes might also be a bit drier than normal. Also I don't know if it's true or not, but a few women had said your prescription can change while pregnant. I'm in the same boat too.