April 2015 Moms
Options

Post Pardum baby body

Hi Ladies, I am looking to connect with you to discuss how you feel after your baby and your health and fitness as well. I am 3.5 months post Pardum and would love to discuss this and ways to get ourselves back on track ;)

Re: Post Pardum baby body

• Options
    During my pregnancy I gained 35lbs. I have lost 31lbs and my son is 13.5 weeks. My body is definitely not the same though. I have a poofy stomach. I am curently doing insanity max 30. I use the modifier for the most part. Some moves I do not modify at all and others I modify more than the modifier. I am also starting the no more mummy tummy challenge in August.

I really do feel great. I just wish my stomach was back to normal. But it took 9 months to get so big, I can't expect it to go back in 3 months. Also my hips are much wider than before! Many of my prepregnancy pants can't fit over my hips! Do they ever return to normal?

I hope everyone else is doing well on their journey. Wherever they hope to be.
  • Options
    Im about 14 weeks postpartum. I lost most of the weight I am dealing with a poofy lower stomach. ( I did have a csection though) I'm trying to eat right and exercise as much as I can! Anyone else with c sections have any tips?

Thanks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just signed up for bootcamp. Have you heard of stroller stride? They do workouts with tour babies
  • Options
    ^^ your (sorry, autocorrect)
  • Options
    Baby is 3 months old, I tried working out for a week and was left with such little energy and super sore, I was so fatigued. I definetely have to work in some extra calories/meals the days I workout.
    I pretty much stopped after that lol.

But I got the mommy poofy tummy, wide hips, and my weight loss has stopped about 6lbs from my pre pregnancy weight.

What's the no more mummy tummy challenge?
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this so I'm sorry if I'm not. Here is the link to the challenge https://www.pregnancyexercise.co.nz/products/no-more-mummy-tummy-14-day-challenge/

I have not completed the challenge yet, so I cannot endorse it in any way. I do follow them on instagram and they have so much great information! I'm hoping it helps me tone my tummy a bit.
  • Options
    Hi everyone. My little one is 3 months and I gained 37 pounds. I've lost all but 10 and the scale won't seem to budge ! I'm currently doing stroller strides and love it ! I'm going back to work and won't be able to continue with it. I have days where I feel good and know I look good and others where I'll see a picture or the mirror and feel ugly or big :(

I think going back to work and having to dress up a bit adds to the stress for me. Nothing fits. I've read that around 4-6 months weight will start to come off due to hormone changes. I think I just need to be patient with myself and my body. Feels good to know I'm not alone
  • Options
    I gained 20lbs during my pregnancy and initially lost it all during the first 3 weeks. But, I've since gained back 5lbs because my body thinks it needs to store extra fat for nursing my little chunky monkey. I went back to the gym (crossfit) at 4 weeks post-partem but I haven't noticed any improvement in my post-baby body. I have a lot more fluff on my stomach than I'd like. I'm hoping it just takes time, but it's hard to not be discouraged. My OB said it may be hard to lose the extra fat until we stop breastfeeding because our bodies know babies like the extra fatty milk. My little guy is a baby giant and has gained 10lbs in less than 3 months, so I try to remind myself that a little extra fluff is worth having such a big, healthy baby.
  • Options
    I have lost all of my pregnancy weight, but did have a small gap between my abdominals called diastasis recti. If you have diastasis recti, you will need to work on closing your gap before continuing traditional core exercises. This may be the reason you have a "mummy tummy". There's lots of videos out there to check if you have it, most women do. I've been focusing on building up my core strength, most importantly my transverse abdominis, because this is what stretches out during pregnancy and causes the lower tummy to look puffy. Once you have tightened this area you can resume traditional core workouts (sit-ups, v-ups, planks). I mostly do side planks, and pelvic floor exercises, along with belly breathing for core exercises. It's very important to engage your TvA in any exercise postpartum, to tighten those lower abdominals.