July 2015 Moms
Options

how did you feel after membrane sweep?

Okay.. so 40+5, 5 days overdue, and had my sweep yesterday at 5pm. I feel completely different than I did before appointment. Lost more mucus plug and also back pain is constant and unbearable! How did you ladies feel???

Re: how did you feel after membrane sweep?

• Options
    mrsb30mrsb30 member
    I had contractions all day inconsistently and had some bloody discharge on and off over the course of a few days. If your pain is unbearable you should probably call your doctor.
  • Options
    Has mine today had pain in back and mild cramping for a few hours after but eased now (unfortunately) ready to have this baby like
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had mine this morning. So far I'm having period like cramps and my lower back hurts. Hoping it eases as its really uncomfortable
  • Options
    Had my second one yesterday at 4pm. Lower back ache most of the night, which eventually went away, I was gutted!! You don't want it to ease.... It's the start of labpur!!
    Nothing much today. Already lost MP and had bloody show 2 weeks ago....
    I think he's pretty comfy in there! :(
  • Options
    sounds exactly like me! the back pain already went away, it'll be 24 hours at 5:00. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting induced early next week. sucks!!! no contractions at all.
  • Options
    I had increased cramping and contractions for a day or so.... Now 4 days later i feel like i did before.. Sporadic contractions...and not much to show for it
  • Options
    Anyone go into labpur? I've had braxton hicks all day nothing else
  • Options
    It's been 12 hours since my sweep and my back is starting to feel better. I spent the day tearing up at everything, was so achy, had hot flashes and chills, and had bad back pain and cramping. I don't think I'll ever have another sweep. I'll wait for baby to come on her own time or I'll just be induced.
  • Options
    I felt like shit! Had it done three times and nothing. Back pain, BH, inconsistent contractions and to top it off sciatic issues because the baby is so low. Hope it works for you!
  • Options
    Had it done yesterday. Lots of cramping but now nothing. Today's my due date :(
  • Options
    Anyone gone into labor yet? Due day tomorrow n he's not budging been on the exercise ball all day downing raspberry tea
  • Options
    Due Friday... Still nothing.. So ready to be done! :)
  • Options
    I have a third sweep scheduled for tomorrow. I lost MP at 34 weeks, had bloody show 3 weeks ago. 4cm, 70pc effaced.... I'm really not sure another sweep will even move him!

Currently having BH and baby is punching down into cervix..
    No contractions still :/
  • Options
    babydubabydu member
    Had mine done again today and I feel nothing, I'm so bummed out, I feel like im going to be pregnant forever, I wish I could get out of this funk, I hate feeling so unhappy :(
  • Options
    I had my first done today at 39+1 and it was quite unpleasant. I am only 1 cm dialated but she said my "membranes we're bulging". If I don't go into labor this weekend I go back Monday for another check. Not sure I will do a membrane sweep again.
  • Options
    @babydu I feel the same... I'm defo not myself, the longer this goes on the more fed up I am getting and I'm finding it so hard to be positive. I'm defo in a funk :/
  • Options
    just an update... nothing has happened! I'm 41w today. Still gradually losing plug, but that's it.
  • Options
    Had my membrane sweep at 12:30pm yesterday. Clear pinkish discharge with mild cramps since 8:30am this morning. Guess I'm just waiting for contractions or my water to break?
  • Options
    40 + 4 today. I had a weekly checkup with no progression what so ever. Barely a cm dilated and 50% effaced. I got my first sweep done. I was really unsure of it because I'm group B positive and my sister had some complications with my niece and ended up with a blood infection from it. But my doctor was really hopeful it would help things to progress for me! fingers crossed. If baby doesn't come I will go on an inducement list for the 29th and it's a 2 day wait because our hospital is so busy!
  • Options
    Just had mine stripped this AM at 11:15. About 20mins after had bad cramps. My baby is pushing pretty low so I can barely walk. Doc said she feels his head. I am only 1.5cm and 50% effaced. But just Monday I was closed. So I'm feeling hopeful that all that I am doing is helping me progress!! I walk at least twice a day about 1 mile each time, primrose oil, and bounce on my exercise ball. Oh yeah and SEX everyday since Monday. Yeah hubs is wore out but I am determined...I'm so tired of being pregnant....I'm not feeling like myself at all!! I am now 39w 6d. Been having irregular contractions all day. I pray this sweep helps!!
  • Options
    When I had my membranes swept I had slight cramping for the rest of the day. The next day on the early afternoon the contractions started and had my LO early the following day. Membrane sweeping helps you go into labor be active go for walk even if it's in a store clean your house have sex just be active and it will put you into labor. I was finishing my babies room the day I had mine swept so me moving around doing stuff all day helped it progress. Even my doctor told me to go home and be active after she did it. I hope it works for you.