Breastfeeding

Pumping at work

does there come a point when it is no longer necessary to pump as often as Lo eats. Right now my 5 month old gets 3 bottles while I'm at work, every 3 hrs and I pump 3 times. When is it possible to start reducing th number of pumping sessions?

Re: Pumping at work

• I honestly think this depends on the amount you have stashed in your freezer. If you feel confident cutting back, then you can slowly wean yourself from a session. I personally think you should stick with the 3 that you have going right now for a tad bit longer; but like I said it depends on your output. Hope this helped!
  • You can try consolidating two pumps (e.g. if you pump 10am, 1pm, 4pm, you can try to do 11am and 3pm) and see if you get the same amount in two sessions that you used to get in three. Usually you will get the same amount at first but it will decrease over time, but some women can indeed drop a pump without a supply reduction. You will just have to see. If you find that your supply is dropping, you would then go back to the original schedule as soon as possible to get your supply back up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Okay that sounds like a good idea. Thanks!