TTC After a Loss
Options

Clearblue advanced digital opk

I got my first flashy smiley so excited, so hoping that means I'll ovulate soon which would line up with my normal time. Just excited that my body seems to be back to normal after the miscarriage in may. Now to cross my toes and fingers that it takes :) also would suggest the Clearblue advanced opk so worth the money in my opinion. :) I'm also tracking my cm and this lines up with that to, also temping but will see how that lines up since i work graveyard and wake up and different times every day for the most part. Just needed to vent out my excitement since I don't have anyone to talk to. :)

Re: Clearblue advanced digital opk

• Options
    Yay! Good luck!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    While I do like the easy to read digital display I do not love these opks. I bought a box off 9 amazon. I used It one time and got the flashing smile face. And it would not reset. I could not use the rest of the strip because the digital part was broke :-(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sucks that the digital part broke. I bought a pack of 10 first 2 days was no smiley then got my flashy smiley for 2 days hoping to see a solid smiley soon. i bought mine from Walmart probably just a bad one. can you maybe write the company see by chance they will send or give some money back for it? just an idea since its not like its a cheap thing. :/ 
  • Options
    @fairygirl86 I thought about that. After reading this post the other day I decided I should probably throw it away. I still had the bc and extra test strip in a drawer. And I'll be darn if it didn't reset. I tried for three cycles after the first one to use this and it would not reset! I find the whole thing strange. But at least I can finish the extra test syrups
    :)
  • Options
    Might of spoke to soon, didn't realize that you can have several days of flashy smilies. Now on day 6 of them still no peak bought another pack since knowing my luck I'll run out before I get peak. If I use up the rest of the sticks from second package and never get peak in done just going to temp, doesn't cost anything to do that. :/
  • Options
    I am not a fan of the clear blue digitals. I used them for one cycle and I went from empty circle to constant smiley on cd15 with no blinking smiley at all. I didn't trust it because that's too early for my average cycle. I was also using the regular non digital tests I was used to using just to compare and they were all negative like I expected them to be. After a few days the digital part reset and I tried again. I got 1 day of solid circle, two days of flashing smiley and then a solid smiley on cd21. My temp spiked on cd25 to confirm ovulation but that seems a bit late from when my surge was detected (96 hours).

We did not get pregnant that cycle even though we continued trying regularly until my temp rose, And I did ovulate later than usual so it could be that the tests were weird because my cycle was weird - but they are expensive enough that I'm interested in trying them again.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    I had a miscarriage a couple of weeks ago and I've been having flashing smileys for about five days. I've been using these for months and I always had flashing smileys for two days then solid. I thought it was weird it's taking so long this time, but maybe it's normal after a miscarriage?
  • Options
    @Edaggrr I ended up having 11 flashy smiles then I got irritated skipped a day and got a solid smile the next day. But my Waldorf opk said negative on peak day and the next day then had positives the following two then negatives today.
  • Options
    @Edaggrr, yeah, that's completely normal after a miscarriage.  You may not ovulate at all this month.  My first two cycles were longer than normal and the temps and opks were completely wonky.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    I had a d&e at 11 weeks, though, (baby stopped growing at 6 weeks) so if you naturally miscarried and did it sooner than that, you'll likely return to normal before I did.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    I miscarried naturally at 11.5 weeks
    AF came 3.5 weeks later
    I had a positive opk on cd 11
    Normally I would have got my period on Sunday, it's now Wednesday and I've got nothing
    Wondering if AF is still trying to get back to normal or if we are pg again
    :-/
  • Options
    I'm kinda wondering if I am not really ovulating this month cause my temp doesn't seem to be going up. So irritating if I don't ovulate this month. :(
  • Options
    I took a hpt yesterday and got a bfn
    I'm 5 days late
    Wondering when AF is going to rear her ugly head
    Do you think maybe it was too early??
  • Options
    It's possible I know my period after my miscarriage took 48 days to show up.
  • Options
    At foliver82, my first two cycles after the MC were longer than usual. Unfortunately, that's probably all it is, since you got a BFN.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• Options
    Well I got my first AF 3.5 weeks post MC
    So I assumed I lucked out and was back on track lol
  • Options
    PS this stinks
  • Options
    @foliver82 yes it does. but hopefully now you can try the next cycle and you will get your rainbow baby :) I've been tracking my temp but unfortunately working graveyard shift its very rocky. I'm on cd 31 and no ovulation detected yet even though i had a peak on Friday last week and positive ovulation test on Sunday and Monday so i;m hoping it was sometime there and we get lucky but waiting is driving me nuts.