High-Risk Pregnancy

Hello- Second time high Risk

Hi All,

I wanted to come in and say hello.  A little about me, We have a wonderful DS who is 3.5 now.  I was high risk with him, PTL and IUGR at 30 weeks, but we very lucky and with constant monitoring and bed rest we made it to 37 weeks to the day.  I am currently 13 +3 with this pregnancy, conceived via IVF after multiple losses.  No known clotting issues.  I am already on bed rest with this pregnancy due to a medium size subchrionic hemorage that is right at the placenta.  I already knew that I was more likely than not to have another high risk pregnancy, but being on bed rest again and so early is really getting to me.  I am still worried about my previous issues reoccurring and my doc said if the SCH does not resolve by the 20 week mark that will increase my risk for PTL.  Any advice or experience with any of this would be greatly appreciated.  Hoping to get to know you and hope I can share anything that might be helpful to someone else going through these issues. 

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

Re: Hello- Second time high Risk

• I had a subchronic hematoma early on that lasted well into my second trimester. I was a nervous wreck about it at first, but actually ended up getting used to it. I'm happy to hear that your doctor is cautious and that you're on bed rest. I feel like a lot of doctors don't take things seriously enough. Just keep up the good work and it should eventually resolve on its own. I'm on "couch potato rest," so I know it's hard, but I really do think it will resolve.
  • Thanks for the reply @plainjane8350. What has you on bed rest?  Sorry new and just trying to get know you lot.

I know I will get through the resting, made it before and even though its definitely harder with a little one at home, we will do whatever is needed.  I have had spotting most of the pregnancy but the SCH only became visible at a scan at 10 weeks after a major bleeding episode.  So have been on rest since then.  At first I wasn't too freaked because I know they are actually pretty common, but I guess my OB is more concerned due to the size and location she is worried about the SCH pushing on the placenta and causing an abruption.  I think she is more concerned because it has been growing instead of shrinking like we had hoped.  So hopefully you are right and it will resolve and then I will be back to the issues I have dealt with before and was prepped to deal with again.  I'm just hoping I can get off bed rest sometime between now and delivery. 

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage