November 2015 Moms
Options

Does anyone else hate their changing body?

At 22 weeks pregnant with my 4th child I already have a very big round belly and huge breasts. I have always had body image issues and they're flaring up with these changes. I feel disgusting. I can't stand my reflection and I hate people looking/commenting/touching my bump. I feel like a failure that I don't love the changes.

Re: Does anyone else hate their changing body?

• Options
    This is my first baby so I'm super happy and loving all the changes. It's only until I come across a picture of myself pre baby or a see a sale at my favorite clothing store that I get down. And really down. Even though you're unhappy now you'll be over the moon when your baby is born, but you already knew that!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For me it is a love/hate thing. I am a first time mom and I love,love,love my bump. But I cant run and spin as much or as intensely as I had before and I dont like the flab I am starting to see as a result!
  • Options
    I hate being pregnant. And I feel guilty because I don't have hyperemesis or GD or anything terrible. I just feel uncomfortable and fat and can't do everything I want and it makes me crabby. But this is my second, and I'm still hoping for a third...I promise it's worth it, and this is just temporary. It takes time and work, but you'll get 90% of it back :)
  • Options
    tayzavtayzav member
    This is my first and the only thing I enjoy are her daily little kicks. That's pretty much it. I hate being uncomfortable, I hate that my back kills me every day, and I feel like I look absolutely disgusting. My changing body and body image issues definitely have gotten the best of me. Any time I complain my BF just says you'll get back to your old routine and body later (ya, fat chance). So when he says that instead of you're still pretty to me, makes me know I'm just a walking blob. It'll all be worth it in the end, only a few more months to go. We can do this. I feel like if I were pregnant in the winter it wouldn't be so bad, being able to cover up with cute boots, legging, and sweaters.
  • Options
    I didn't seem to mind my first time around, but this time I'm.having issues with it. I feel the same, huge and disgusting. I get emotional when nothing fits, just trying to deal with it. Won't be forever.
  • Options
    tayzav said:

This is my first and the only thing I enjoy are her daily little kicks. That's pretty much it. I hate being uncomfortable, I hate that my back kills me every day, and I feel like I look absolutely disgusting. My changing body and body image issues definitely have gotten the best of me. Any time I complain my BF just says you'll get back to your old routine and body later (ya, fat chance). So when he says that instead of you're still pretty to me, makes me know I'm just a walking blob. It'll all be worth it in the end, only a few more months to go. We can do this. I feel like if I were pregnant in the winter it wouldn't be so bad, being able to cover up with cute boots, legging, and sweaters.

I know how you feel. My DH says the same thing about how this is just "temporary". I know they mean well but it's really not what I want to hear!!
  • Options
    LSRooLSRoo member
    I hate the way I look but I am the one to blame. I put on waaaay too much weight with DS and failed to lose all of it before getting pregnant again. Now I am just putting more weight on top of that precvious weight. I was a size 4 before children and I don't see that ever happening again. It's sad but I love my babies so it's worth it!
  • Options
    I actually for the first time in a while I don't feel the need to suck everything in. I really love and enjoy pregnancy. I'm one of those crazy ones.

I lost all my baby weight quickly last time despite gaining 70lbs. But I gained back about 25 of it after I stopped breast feeding. I was feeling down about that until I got pregnant and now I'm flaunting the bump.
    Your body is doing amazing things right now. Cut yourself some slack.
  • Options
    I was heavy before getting pregnant and I really regret not losing weight (like I had planned). I really don't enjoy being pregnant and I feel bad about it bc it's been a "good" pregnancy. I hate that I can't move like I used to and getting up from sitting or getting into my car is requiring a very different routine. The peeing, the uncomfortable feeling, the ligament pain, the back pain- I'm so over it. I've always had great breasts and it's killing me always little watching them change so much and knowing it might not be temporary. So far the only thing I love is feeling baby move and my DH's excitement.
  • Options
    Ive been petite my entire adult life... Max weight was 90lbs. Height under 5ft. Ive been able to wear kids or teen clothes forever. Ive always had large breasts but no hips or butt. The body change is crazy to me. In 6 months my body has changed more than it has in 6 years. I havent gained a pound since high school and now i feel like im in someone elses body. I understand the feeling "ugly" but my body mostly just feels .....Foriegn.
  • Options
    As a FTM, I'm fascinated by a lot of the changes. Some days I think my bump is cute, other days I feel like an enormous whale. I was overweight to start with, so at 21+4 I've only gained <5 lbs. As I gain more, I imagine I'll start to feel more self-conscious about my size. I think it's perfectly normal not to LOVE your pregnant body every moment, or even to hate the process in general. Some pretty weird shit is going on with your body!
  • Options
    I hate it too. I hate looking at my old clothes and going to stores and I hate my new clothes. I don't like how I feel at all. In the 5 years I have been out of college, I lost 40 lbs, got into the best shape of my life, worked out everyday, met DH, fell in love, got married, and now.... Pregnant and I just feel miserable and uncomfortable all the time. And DH does not get it at all. He tells me he loves my pregnant belly and says all the right things but I just feel bleh... And it makes me feel worse because I feel guilty about feeling this way. Glad to see this thread and know I'm not alone :)
  • Options
    Somedays I like it, other days I hate it. However, I'm having a hard time with the fact that my body won't just "go back to normal" post baby. I know that sounds silly and vain, but it freaks me out! I've never been a small or skinny person, but I came to like my prebaby body, even if it was slightly overweight (5'4" 157 lbs). I carried my weight well, but after baby who knows? Just like you ladies DH says all the right things, but it doesn't change how I feel about me.
  • Options

I'm starting to like it, but I spent a lot of time feeling more lumpy than anything and it got me down.  I felt like I didn't look pregnant, just chubby.  Now its definitely, undeniably a bump, so I'm feeling less self conscious.  I do miss my waist and my regular clothes, but I keep telling myself its temporary.  I may have to work out a lot to get back to pre-baby body, but I want to, so I will.

On the plus side, I don't give a rat's behind how I look in a bikini this summer.  I'm supposed to look fat!

• Options
    mamavbsmamavbs member
    edited July 2015
    :-( sorry you feel that way. I'm on number three and I have good and bad days. I couldn't get a skirt past my hips yesterday and I just sat on the floor and cried like an idiot! It's hard.

I can't be pleased either, I get so annoyed when people tell me I have a lovely small bump (because I feel huge and jiggly and if people say I have a small bump it just makes me think great so i just look fat...) but when people say I'm huge and is there more than one in there- I also want to punch them repeatedly. Don't even start me on my boobs. How about we just don't comment on the pregnant woman's changing body, hey.

Edit spelling
  • Options
    kmd91kmd91 member
    I hate it. And I've been getting all stressed out about if I'll ever feel confident in my body again. I've always been thin, and I know that's how my husband prefers it. So I've got both the fact that I'm very self conscious and have high standards for my body, and my husband also certainly likes the body the way it was.

And he isn't really helping things. I was stressing myself out over weight, and I said to him to reassure myself "it's okay you'll leave and come back and I'll be skinny again" cause he is leaving for a month and a half about a month and a half after my due date. So the way I figure, I'll be cleared for exercise and can hopefully get exercise in. And he says "oh, you'll be skinny again before I even leave!!" I know he didn't mean it in any hurtful way, but it just stresses me out more, because I know he has unrealistic expectations.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Yes, my varicose veins are horrible And I've already gained around 20lbs. This is my second and am gaining at the same rate (gained more I the first half) but it's still depressing, especially because I can't be as active this time around. I was also quite slim before getting pregnant and had just gotten back to my pre pregnancy weight two months prior.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't say I hate my new body, but it's definitely difficult adjusting to it. Like a few PP have said I'm nervous about how my body will be after baby comes. SO and I plan on getting married next May and he keeps telling me that I have plenty of time to get back to "normal," whatever normal will be.
    His mom set some pretty high standards, she has had five kids and always lost the weight very quickly. She's probably in better shape than I was prepregnancy.
  • Options
    Leading right up to my pregnancy, I was attempting to get my sanity back after having lost 105lbs. Towards the end of the weight loss, I had developed some pretty significant body dysmporhia and was really struggling with disordered eating. So... I decided to try to be happy again because I was wearing my dream size. Being happy was not going well. NOW, not being able to squeeze my big puffy behind into my old skinny jeans with a belly band, I want nothing more than to cut calories and sit on the elliptical for 2 hours a day. But I can't! So I just pretend I don't care and try not to cry hysterically about it too often. On the bright side, this period of eating like a normal human being has made me appreciate how nice it is to not be starving and will hopefully help me to not return to where I was mentally. And I have no new stretch marks. And we're having a frickin baby!!!
  • Options
    I have always been self conscious about my body. I've never been overweight, but was approaching the high end of my healthy BMI right before pregnancy and was getting flabby. Now I've gained more weight on top of that and I feel huge. It's not my belly it's my arms and thighs and back and face too. :( but I keep telling myself this little guy is worth it and I can always change my diet and exercise after he's born to get in tip top shape!
  • Options
    I am also struggling now that I'm beginning to show more. I've been in pretty good shape most of my life and trying to adjust to a new body is difficult. I am also battling acne right now which is compounding the "ugh" factor. I started working out again to try to feel a little better and I'm thinking about getting a prenatal facial and massage to lift my spirits!
  • Options
    I am right there with you ! Iv always been like that with my body and growing up I had a dance teacher who had a eating disorder which made me feel worse since she would verbally say things about my weight. My boobs are huge and I have stretch marks on them. When I look in the Mirror, I don't look pretty not feel pretty. I understand I'm expecting and this happens but I don't get why I feel this way. I won't do my hair. I stay home most of the time because I feel huge and don't want to be in public with my jumbo thighs n big arms. It's only going to get harder from her. Iv started to do little things like go to the pool. Get my nails and toes done ... Things like that. It makes me feel a little bit better.
  • Options
    I was only 5 mths and already WAY bigger than a friend of mine at 8 mths. I'm always hearing people say that I'm big and may not make it to my due date, but I must say that I am very pleased with the way my body looks since I have been pregnant. I have gotten big in all the right places and as people say, "the bump looks cute on me." I'm sorry if I'm feeling myself but I think that sometimes when we get pregnant we let ourselves go, but this is the time to enjoy the GLOW!!! We should all feel SEXY!
  • Options
    Probably a repeat of what others have said but with being very involved in fitness and being overweight years ago it is definitely difficult at times getting use to this body. I'd be lying if I said I didn't notice every ounce of fat that I'm gaining but I have to put myself in check and remind myself that my body is doing something incredible. Something that I wanted.
  • Options
    Fiancé made a comment about my skinny prepregnancy body and then had to back track with telling me how sexy and beautiful he thinks I am. My biggest fear is no longer being attractive to him while pregnant and it's been hard seeing my stomach grow. I've always been skinny so I know I'll lose the weight no problem but for somebody who has never had to work at a nice body it's stressful seeing it change.
  • Options
    For awhile I stopped caring about why people thought and now I'm so self conscious that I think the worst when I look at something and it looks bad on me..