Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Nursery Furniture

Hi, there. My name is Amanda and I'm due the first week of November. I'm really struggling to find nursery furniture that I like, namely a crib that can convert at least into a toddle bed and a dresser that sits low enough that it can double as a changing table (I'm 5ft tall). I've looked at Babies R' Us, Target and various furniture stores although I've learned that furniture stores just don't carry nursery furniture. I'm looking for something that will last through several children and is light in color, preferably a honey stained wood. I would really appreciate any insight you ladies could provide. I'm starting to feel the pressure as I only have 16 weeks left until LO arrives.

Re: Nursery Furniture

• Options
    asm07asm07 member
    Check out Pottery Barn Kids!
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use a piece from Ikea (Expedit) for a changing table. It works great for us.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    Ikea has some great cribs, dressers are ok, though I've had to reinforce the drawer bottoms.
  • Options
    I am 5'1'' and i purchased the davinci Jayden crib on wayfair (although it is also available online at target and Amazon). The height of both is great! If the dresser were much taller, it would be hard to use it as a changing table, but it should work really well. Good luck on your search!
  • Options
    We got our convertible crib at BRU but it's dark colored. My parents bought a dresser at a nude furniture place and painted it light green for us. You might look into that too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am struggling too - dislike the options I target and bru... trying overstock. Com and wayfair, and may try ike too. A friend today told me that Burlington coat factory has nursery furniture. Here's hoping we both succeed; I'm due mid Nov and feeling the time crunch too.
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! I found some good quality nursery furniture at Morris Furniture, but it just seems so expensive. I'm debating whether or not it's worth the splurge.
  • Options

Thanks, ladies! I found some good quality nursery furniture at Morris Furniture, but it just seems so expensive. I'm debating whether or not it's worth the splurge.

If it's stuff you can / will use long term then it might be worth it. You can always paint / stain it to match a decor change in a few years. If it's stuff you'll only use in the baby stage then I would say no.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017