June 2015 Moms

C-section numbness

ok I am almost 6 wks pp from my c-section. I am still numb and sore in my stomach ....is this normal? Starting to worry. I still have another week and half before my dr appointment.

Re: C-section numbness

• I had my 6 week appt yesterday. I still have numbness. Doc said that's totally normal.
  • I'm 8 weeks pp. Same thing. Definitely have numbness.
  • Loading the player...
  • btm013btm013 member
    Yep almost 8pp and have numbness, tenderness and itchiness near the incision. Doc said all was normal at my pp appointment.
  • I have numbness below my belly button, and also areas that hurt to the touch like a sunburn. :(
  • Ok thanks guys. That eases my worries. It was my first c-section and didn't know what to expect.
  • It was my first C-section too. And I've come to realize recovery sucks the big one.

Plus, considering how many people have C-sections and the number is increasing, I wish it would be talked about more in childbirth prep classes.
  • Totally normal. This one, 4 weeks ago, was my second.
  • ksimo6ksimo6 member
    I was numb around my scar for months after my first csection. I think it's normal.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• I have it, too. It's strange feeling but apparently totally normal.
  • I totally agree. I knew nothing going in. My other 2 were vaginal and I was prepared for that.

Recovery definitely stinks. I know a lot of friends that preferred having c-sections...I told them they are nuts lol. My recovery was rough.
  • I was wondering this too! I am 5 weeks pp and a few days ago the numbness went away and now my incision hurts.. I was kind of just assuming that it's been hurting all along I just couldn't feel it because it was numb.. Anyone have experience with this?
  • Yes completely normal. My MIL had a csection 33 years ago with DH and she will occasionally still have numbness (more like a weird feeling) in her scar.
  • Thanks ladies. I definitely feel more at ease.
  • It can take nerves a year or more to regrow/recover.
  • You know my c-section was my first ever surgery and I never had to think about how traumatic it is to have surgery. Nerves needing to recover, bruising tissue, infections, and just plain recovery. It's amazing what our bodies go through at delivery. We are strong ladies!! Thanks for a all the replies!