June 2015 Moms

Recognize this rash?

My 4.5 week old DD developed this rash tonight. She has a hemangioma too - so that's not part of the rash. I'm waiting on a call back from the doctor's office. She's BF, so maybe I ate something that upset her? She also projectile vomited earlier today. Not sure if it's related. No fever. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Recognize this rash?

• Looks allergic to me - any new diapers, lotions, soaps, laundry detergents, etc? Use any clothes/blankets without washing them
  • Thank you! We moved up a size in diapers, but still pampers. I used new Aveeno Calming lotion on her chest and arms last night, but not her belly. I agree though, it does look allergic. I guess we'll see. I'm a worrier. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I've noticed my LO gets a bit of a heat rash when he's snuggled up to me or after a trip in his car seat and he gets a bit warm. Could that be it? Looks somewhat similar.
  • She was in the Moby wrap about an hour before it showed up. @swiebe how long do his rashes usually last?
  • A few hours usually. Yesterday morning he had it on the underside of his chin, and by early afternoon if was clearing up. Did it end up clearing?
  • Yeah. We gave her a bath last night. It was gone this morning!
  • Yay! I would just keep an eye on it. Try to determine if it really is a heat rash by checking the next time she gets too warm. My LO gets it on his cheeks a lot too from snuggling.