Birth Stories
Options

Anyone give birth with herniated discs?

I have 3 herniated discs in my lower back.  They are torn and extruded.  I am pretty much in pain from it 24/7.  Has anyone given birth with herniated discs?  Any problems, things to be aware of?  Has anyone had to have a csection because of herniated discs?  Thanks in advance!

Re: Anyone give birth with herniated discs?

• Options
    I had one at L5-S1 that I had surgery on several years before getting pregnant. I had to meet with the anesthesia team at the hospital before going into labor to make sure I could get an epidural. I also had to be induced and it was a long process and I could only get out of bed to use the restroom. Spending so much time in bed was painful on my back. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    I had a microdiskectomy at L5-S1 about 8 yrs ago and am expecting my first baby in April. The doctor mentioned meeting with the anesthesia team - what did they advise you? I'm curious about what my options may be.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AK118 said:
    I had a microdiskectomy at L5-S1 about 8 yrs ago and am expecting my first baby in April. The doctor mentioned meeting with the anesthesia team - what did they advise you? I'm curious about what my options may be.
    Meeting with the anesthesia team in advance hasn't been mentioned yet. . . . i'll have to inquire.  It makes sense though.
  • Options
    I have three herniated discs in lower back and epidural didn't work for me, I had to go natural...trust me, I prayed for it to work considering it was my second child! Now I'm pregnant with #3 and im still gonna request epidural again.