December 2014 Moms

Pulse check on feeding...

Just curious how many times a day everyone is feeding their LO baby food...I am still breastfeeding/ pumping but don't want to push him away from those calories too soon so wondering how everyone else is making the slow transition

Re: Pulse check on feeding...

• I also BF/pump at work exclusively, and my 7mo old DD is eating 3 meals a day in-between feedings.  Been working well.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Our LO is FF and we do 4 bottles per day (4 oz to 6 oz each), then 2 meals in between. 
  • Loading the player...
  • jpagano113jpagano113 member
    edited July 2015
    LO is FF and I do 4 bottles a day of 6-8 oz (it varies... she's teething so doesn't drink as much) and she eats 2-3 tbsp of food 3 times a day
  • The girls have 32oz of formula and 4 oz of food a day. They get 6 bottles and two meals a day.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies! I am going to start adding more meals into the mix for sure! I've been doing a dinner meal and that's it.
  • DS is BF and eats 3 meals a day typically between 2-6ozs depending on his appetite. I BF an hour before each meal, first thing in the morning, and right before bed time
  • I do three meals a day (don't measure the amount) and 3 to 4 breastfeeds.
  • I wish I knew! My LO is all over the place. Some days he eats constantly both formula and baby food and other days he does good to do his formula. He is teething so I know that's a factor but it's still a giant ball of chaos for us right now!
  • My DD just turned 7mo and she drinks 3 5oz bottles a day a daycare with two meals (pouch/stage 2 jar/yogurt/chopped whole food) in between bottles and one snack of puffs.  She then eats dinner with us around 6, nurses at 8 and again at 2am.  So she has 5 bottle/BF sessions and 3/4 small meals.

I thought this was a LOT for a baby, daycare and I don't overfeed and she's been finger feeding herself for almost 3 weeks now, but they said she's on par with the other babies in her class so I guess DD2 just likes to eat!  LOL  She's been in the 20th for weight since birth, but 90th for height, and is already wearing 6-9 or 9month clothes; she's a tall girl who doesn't stop moving!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers