Third-Party Reproduction

New Here - Interested in becoming a GC

So I had spontaneous twins who are now 18 months old. My pregnancy was AMAZING, and I gave birth at 37 weeks and 2 days via planned c-section to two super healthy babies.  I am super healthy and active. Our family is complete but I kind of want to be pregnant again. So I am thinking becoming a gestational carrier may be an option. I saw a thread on agencies, but just thought I would ask for advice, anecdotes on how things went and thoughts from parents on the other side. I am older (38) so I wonder, too, if that would make me a less desirable carrier?? I also work full time as an attorney, would that be a plus or a minus? 

I would LOVE to make a family as happy and whole as ours is now. 
********************************************************************************************
Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage

Re: New Here - Interested in becoming a GC

• My husband and I are using a gestational carrier now. It is a good friend of ours who offered to make us parents. It truly is the most amazing gift I have ever been given. She is 37 and since she was healthy there were no concerns with her age. The process had been far easier than either her and we expected. My husband and I are very hands off and I think that makes it easier for her. There are a lot of details to get through but they are all worth it in the end. Being a gestational carrier is seriously the best gift you can give someone. Best of luck in making a decision.
  • CinciSurroCinciSurro member
    edited July 2015
    I just delivered twins last week as a gestational carrier for a same-sex couple I met through an agency.  I had 3 previous easy singleton pregnancies/deliveries but twins was a little rough on me.  The dads are amazing and so in love with their girls, and I'm so grateful that we were able to help them.  I say WE because my husband and kids were almost as much a part of it as I was, their support was and is still so important.

Our journey took 2.5 years to achieve success and the dads and girls are family to us so with technology I think we will stay close for a long time (they are from Europe).

Best of luck with your decision :)  I am 36 next month but I think if they asked me in two years to help them bring a sibling into their family, I probably would do it.  Message me if you want to chat more, I love to tell our story!
    Mommy to 5, 1st time Gestational Carrier
    Transfers #1-4  2013/2014 all same DE, all CP
    Transfer #5 11/16/14, new DE, transferred two fresh 5-day blasts
    Beta  9dp5dt - 296     Beta 15dp5dt - 6,596!     TWINS!! due 8/4/15
    Admitted to hospital for preterm labor and 5cm dilated at 32 + 6
    Delivered healthy baby girls vaginally at 36 + 4
    Baby A 6lb10oz born at 11:58pm
    Baby B 6lb11oz born at 12:04am
    (different birthdays!)