Babies: 3 - 6 Months

4MO won't take bottle

My daughter took a bottle (breast milk and formula) up until 2 months. I then breast fed her exclusively, to keep my supply up. My husband and I are taking an overnight away in two weeks and she won't take a bottle! She won't have anything to do with it. Anyone else have this experience? Any advice? I'm not sure investing in new bottles would do it - she doesn't take a pacifier, either. 

Side note: (attempted) Started solid foods.. she strongly dislikes rice and oatmeal cereal, even when mixed with breast milk. So we're putting off solid foods for a bit longer.. I can not BF this girl until her one year birthday. Help!

Re: 4MO won't take bottle

• I'd try the BF thread :)
  • Who has tried giving her the bottle?  Have your husband or somebody else try.  Don't be around when this is happening, maybe realizing that you are not an option will get her to take the bottle from someone else.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Mine was the same. Took the bottle fine right up until I had to go back to work at 2 months then refused. Poor baby even lost weight. We did switch to tommee tippee bottles which helped and then practice, practice, practice. Every night by husband gave him one and more on weekends. It took two weeks and now it's no problem. He'll even take it from me. We also invested in a bottle warmer so it's more like from the source. He also never took a pacifier.